NFL GDT: 2017 AFC Championship Game: (1) New England Patriots vs (3) Jacksonville Jaguars

NE vs JAX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
You can't say 10-1 flags and say that they need to be equal. The patriots have always been a disciplined team, they don't take a lot of penalties. The only iffy flag was the Cooks PI at the end of the 1st half. That was 50/50. If you can't overcome one flag then you don't deserve to win.

The Jaguars had a massive advantage in that game when Gronk went out. You tell me what affect3d that game more, that Cooks PI or Gronk missing more than half the game?

That Cooks PI call. Not even close. Changed the entire game. Gronk was a non factor in the game to that point.

They missed two obvious third down penalties on the Pats defense that would have extended drives and had the Jags in Patriots territory.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That Cooks PI call. Not even close. Changed the entire game. Gronk was a non factor in the game to that point.

They missed two obvious third down penalties on the Pats defense that would have extended drives and had the Jags in Patriots territory.

That's laughable. I'd takr Gronk any day of the week. Brady said they literally had to scrap 75% of their playbook without him. If don't think Gronk going out was not a massive swing then i cant help you. Everyone wants to keep acting like that flag gave the Patriots a TD.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That's laughable. I'd takr Gronk any day of the week. Brady said they literally had to scrap 75% of their playbook without him. If don't think Gronk going out was not a massive swing then i cant help you. Everyone wants to keep acting like that flag gave the Patriots a TD.

That flag DID give them a TD. They weren’t doing anything on offense and all of a sudden they’re inside the 10. If you don’t think that penalty was a massive swing, then I can’t help you.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That flag DID give them a TD. They weren’t doing anything on offense and all of a sudden they’re inside the 10. If you don’t think that penalty was a massive swing, then I can’t help you.

No one's saying the penalty didn't help them. But the Jaguars didn't lose that game on that penalty. They had the Patriots at 3 and 18 on their own 25 yard line up 10 with 10 mins to go. If you're looking for a swing in this game, that play right there is your swing

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
No one's saying the penalty didn't help them. But the Jaguars didn't lose that game on that penalty. They had the Patriots at 3 and 18 on their own 25 yard line up 10 with 10 mins to go. If you're looking for a swing in this game, that play right there is your swing

They didn’t lose on any one play. I gave the Pats credit for pulling it off, but they had some breaks along the way.

It’s not a big conspiracy, missed calls happen, but they did happen. That’s all I’m saying.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No big conspiracy against the Patriots, and of course Brady is the greatest QB of all time but when the flags are 10-1 it's hard to accept that Patriots win.

The Jags' penalties were legit. Refs were calling that stuff correctly. It's the stuff they missed on the Patriots that irks me. I recall a distinct facemask that the entire Jags bench was up in arms over on one play near the left sidelines that was flat out missed and would have tacked on even more yardage. Stuff like that. Little things the Patriots get away with.

Again, not saying there's any conspiracy but it leaves a sour taste in your mouth when flags are 10-1

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
the Refs were pretty iffy. But the jags were not winning the game. Sorry

New England has a better offense then the jags (best in the league) and better at situational football. And the flags really didn’t affect too much anyway. A couple just had to be called (like delay of game)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
No big conspiracy against the Patriots, and of course Brady is the greatest QB of all time but when the flags are 10-1 it's hard to accept that Patriots win.

The Jags' penalties were legit. Refs were calling that stuff correctly. It's the stuff they missed on the Patriots that irks me. I recall a distinct facemask that the entire Jags bench was up in arms over on one play near the left sidelines that was flat out missed and would have tacked on even more yardage. Stuff like that. Little things the Patriots get away with.

Again, not saying there's any conspiracy but it leaves a sour taste in your mouth when flags are 10-1

”Not saying there’s a conspiracy”

”Little things the Patriots get away with”

Which one is it?

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
the Refs were pretty iffy. But the jags were not winning the game. Sorry

New England has a better offense then the jags (best in the league) and better at situational football. And the flags really didn’t affect too much anyway. A couple just had to be called (like delay of game)

And the Patriots squeaked out a four-point win at home. If anything, Jacksonville made them seriously work for it. I'd hardly call that "they weren't winning the game". And I didn't care who won, but a couple penalties did sway things big time for the Patriots. On the other hand, "Sacksonville" didn't stop the Pats on a 3rd and 18.

But let's not pretend NE won this by 30. Jacksonville was in this game to the end.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Looks like illegal hands to the face to me

34r95q9.jpg

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
So much salt and tears being shed in this thread :)

oh you said it. We have a accumulated water coolers full of "Bandwagon Brand Patriots Fan Salty Tears (est. 2001)" this is a special reserve too. Their infernal wailing over such a gut wrenching loss to Philly continues to warm the heart of America. Looking forward to another glass tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->