NFL GDT: 2017 AFC Championship Game: (1) New England Patriots vs (3) Jacksonville Jaguars

NE vs JAX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If social media had existed in the 70s, this is probably how we might have felt about Canadiens/Bruins 1979 game 7 when the imperial but aging dynasty got let off the hook.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Danny Amendola couldn't catch a cold with the Rams and now he's Mr. Clutch......

He's just another guy if he doesn't hitch his wagon to TB12

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This game is the 109th game in NFL history with the score of 24-20, which is now tied for the 14th most with 27-20. The most recent game was Week 10 of this year when the Titans beat the Bengals. Only 2 other playoff games have had a 24-20 score:

12/26/71 - San Francisco 24, Washington 20 (same weekend as the legendary double overtime game on Christmas between KC/MIA)
1/4/15 - Dallas 24, Detroit 20

The Jaguars were the 6th team to give up 38 points or more in a playoff game and win, and are now the 5th team to lose the following week. But of the teams that lost, they gave up the fewest points. Sole winner was the Buffalo Bills post-miracle when they then beat the Steelers 24-3

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
This game is the 109th game in NFL history with the score of 24-20, which is now tied for the 14th most with 27-20. The most recent game was Week 10 of this year when the Titans beat the Bengals. Only 2 other playoff games have had a 24-20 score:

12/26/71 - San Francisco 24, Washington 20 (same weekend as the legendary double overtime game on Christmas between KC/MIA)
1/4/15 - Dallas 24, Detroit 20

The Jaguars were the 6th team to give up 38 points or more in a playoff game and win, and are now the 5th team to lose the following week. But of the teams that lost, they gave up the fewest points. Sole winner was the Buffalo Bills post-miracle when they then beat the Steelers 24-3

So what is the most occurring score of all time then?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
All the angry NE haters can just leave their TV on and watch all this confetti stream and stew and post all these angry comments online but you all can't deny greatness

I get it.

But it’s gotten to the point of enough is enough.

A lot of football fans in this country are quite frankly bored of this rerun

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I get it.

Nfl dynasties are different from college ones. Enjoy Brady’s (even bills) greatness while you can

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Nfl dynasties are different from college ones. Enjoy Brady’s (even bills) greatness while you can

Enjoy greatness?

Heck no.

If anything, the NFL will be easier to enjoy once Brady and Belichick are gone for good.

I just want to enjoy one AFC CG without the Pats for once.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Enjoy greatness?

Heck no.

If anything, the NFL will be easier to enjoy once Brady and Belichick are gone for good.

I just want to enjoy one AFC CG without the Pats for once.

I don’t think sports are for you if you don’t want to see teams returning to conferences championship games. Cause it will happen again. You can be mad if they win. But they are going to make it.

It literally happens in every sport. The Patriots one is just a bit longer.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's probably taken for granted at this point and people are probably tired of hearing about him, but what another amazing performance from 40 year old Tom Brady.

Took another beating and finished the game 26/38 290 yds 2 TD and a QB rating over 108. Plus doing this with a bandage and stitches in his throwing hand.

I know people don't like the Patriots, I get it, and are sick of hearing/seeing them but what Brady is doing at this age is just insane.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I get it.

I get being bored of the rerun. I feel that way about Nick Saban and Alabama but in both cases you are seeing GOATS. I know that when I was younger I didn't watch Gretzky as much as I should've had and now I regret that. the fact is that with the Pats you are definitely seeing the QB GOAT and likely the Head Coach GOAT. I appreciate the opportunity to see this in my lifetime.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
New England deserved to win and I’m not arguing to the contrary, but when the flags are 10-1 and there’s some obvious calls missed and a huge penalty goes the other way that shouldn’t have been called, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

That said, full credit to Tom Brady. He’s the GOAT for a reason.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
New England deserved to win and I’m not arguing to the contrary, but when the flags are 10-1 and there’s some obvious calls missed and a huge penalty goes the other way that shouldn’t have been called, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

That said, full credit to Tom Brady. He’s the GOAT for a reason.
You can't say 10-1 flags and say that they need to be equal. The patriots have always been a disciplined team, they don't take a lot of penalties. The only iffy flag was the Cooks PI at the end of the 1st half. That was 50/50. If you can't overcome one flag then you don't deserve to win.

The Jaguars had a massive advantage in that game when Gronk went out. You tell me what affect3d that game more, that Cooks PI or Gronk missing more than half the game?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Cooks PI was legitimate to me, especially at full speed. You can see that Buoye was physically shoving him out of bounds rather than running him out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad