NFL GDT: 2017 AFC Championship Game: (1) New England Patriots vs (3) Jacksonville Jaguars

NE vs JAX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
You guys never heard of the internet or television? It's been mocked on multiple late night shows.

I don't respect his anti-scientific diets and treatments and what have you, but that's far from uncommon and not really arrogant. Russell Wilson praised miracle water and claimed he talked to Jesus (not really as far out there considering most QB's around the league are more or less openly religious, especially after wins, including Case Keenum claiming that following Jesus was his greatest moment in life over meeting his wife and beating the Saints)... hell, claiming that an omnipotent deity had anything to do with your team's win is pretty damn arrogant, is it not? Scratch like 80% of the league, I guess.

Reactions: Allen Degenerate

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
When isn't Gronkowski hurt?

Brady was hardly hobbled and didn't miss a beat without his possession receiver in Edelman. Meanwhile there is a huge drop-off in losing Robinson.

Especially when your QB isn't a HOF.

Forget the offensive injuries (Gronk, Edelman, Mitchell, etc.)
Bortles took as many sacks as Brady did today. Imagine if the Patriots had Hightower, Branch, etc. #Sackston!

Reactions: Allen Degenerate

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
People are always going to make excuses as to why the Pats are so good. They're the most hated franchise in sports and have been for years. I'm used to it at this point.

Winning does that.

Once the Patriots reign is officially over for good, people won't care and won't mind whenever the Patriots to whatever form of prominence.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I don't respect his anti-scientific diets and treatments and what have you, but that's far from uncommon and not really arrogant. Russell Wilson praised miracle water and claimed he talked to Jesus (not really as far out there considering most QB's around the league are more or less openly religious, especially after wins, including Case Keenum claiming that following Jesus was his greatest moment in life over meeting his wife and beating the Saints)... hell, claiming that an omnipotent deity had anything to do with your team's win is pretty damn arrogant, is it not? Scratch like 80% of the league, I guess.
I agree completely. Glad we could find common ground.

Reactions: Fossy21

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Forget the offensive injuries (Gronk, Edelman, Mitchell, etc.)
Bortles took as many sacks as Brady did today. Imagine if the Patriots had Hightower, Branch, etc. #Sackston!

I think it’s more Belichick to be honest than anything else. They throw garbage out there so often which other teams have dumped 3 times over and find ways to win anyway

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
This thread tyrned into my favorite thing to read today.

People are so mad the Pats won they are bashing the QB's book. Love it.
I was asked questions and gave honest answers. Someone really wanted to know what someone could possibly find unlikable about TB, so I told them.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Combined with what happened in the SB last year and today and what they've done in the past, Patriots fatigue is probably at an all-time high.

If they win ANOTHER SB and 3 in 4 years twice, Pats fatigue may break the thermometer.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
When you can't critize his play you gotta really dig deep to find something to hate on lol
Sure, if that helps you. I don't usually base whether I like a person or not based on their footballing abilities though. I don't see what criticizing his play has to do with liking him or not, but that's just me.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Baby%2B-%2Bpatriots%2Bhaters.jpg

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Funny how many Pats fans come out of the woodwork after a win. Tuggy was here all by his lonesome in the first half when they were losing.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Funny how many Pats fans come out of the woodwork after a win. Tuggy was here all by his lonesome in the first half when they were losing.

I don't usually venture into these threads until after games, but feel free to visit the Bruins board's thread and see that while dejected, I'm pretty sure no one abandoned ship.

And very few, if any, had excuses like the ones we see from 31 fanbases whenever the Patriots win. Josh McDaniels wasn't the most popular guy around, however.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Patriots adjusted at halftime and it showed.

Credit to Jacksonville. They played a hell of a game. They should be back in that situation again soon.

Reactions: Tuggy

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Man so much butt hurt you'd swear you were looking at a proctologist training book.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Combined with what happened in the SB last year and today and what they've done in the past, Patriots fatigue is probably at an all-time high.

If they win ANOTHER SB and 3 in 4 years twice, Pats fatigue may break the thermometer.

You'd love to see that wouldn't you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->