NFL GDT: 2017 AFC Championship Game: (1) New England Patriots vs (3) Jacksonville Jaguars

NE vs JAX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The saving grace for Jacksonville is the defense, the offense needs to score and score often.

New England will rip them to shreds

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Pats should win this but i think it will be closer than a lot of people think. Certainly not an annihilation job like against the Titans.

Im glad the Steelers lost. I'm more scared of Pitt than Jacksonville even if the Jags won.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I really want to see the Jags upset but I also want to see a really good game.

Pittsburgh has a higher octane offence and better weapons (imo) in Bell, Brown, Bryant and JuJu...but New England is so well coached and brady to gronk is always pretty epic.

cant wait to watch this game.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Pats don't cough up the ball like Roethlisberger does so the Jags are going to be in tough. Defensive TDs and points off turnovers are the main reason they beat Pittsburgh twice.

As a Jags fan I think the Pats win by 10+. Stranger things have happened though. Bortles in the Super Bowl would be hilarious, especially if he won and then got replaced in the offseason.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jags in a shocker.

If there's one major flaw Brady has in his game, it's that he gets rattled far easier than any other all time great QB. Probably because he's had a brick wall of an o-line for the majority of his career.

Jacksonville has the recipe to be a major thorn in Brady's side; Ball control offense combined with a vicious pass rush and a tight coverage playing secondary.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Jags in a shocker.

If there's one major flaw Brady has in his game, it's that he gets rattled far easier than any other all time great QB. Probably because he's had a brick wall of an o-line for the majority of his career.

Jacksonville has the recipe to be a major thorn in Brady's side; Ball control offense combined with a vicious pass rush and a tight coverage playing secondary.
Brady's entire career is built on not getting rattled under pressure, not really sure what your talking about with that point.

The Jaguars defense does have the ability to pose some problems for the Patriots regardless of the 42 points they have up this week.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Jags in a shocker.

How high are you? Brady is literally the antithesis to this "point". Cool under pressure is his stereotype...

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Honestly would rather see Bortles and the Jags over all the weapons the Steelers have on offense. Still going to be a tough game, especially when you have Coughlin in your corner...ugh. Just hard to picture Bortles winning in Gillette but I said the same thing about him winning a playoff game in Pittsburgh so maybe. I'll take the Pats in a close one with Gronk taking over.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'm much happier to see the jags then pitt. I'm not worried about the Pats offense; I am worried about stopping a team with the legs of Pitt.

For the same reason, if we can get through the Jags, I'd rather see Minn then NO. Even at "home" (the superbowl is so different the home field isn't the same thing)

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Defensive gameplan for this week should be same as it was for Titans. Load up on the run and keep the QB in the pocket and force him to beat you with his arm and making reads.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Jags in a shocker.

Lol. So much crap in this post.

Reactions: BrendanGallagher11

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Pats're going to win the Super Bowl.

I don't know. Assuming that they beat Jacksonville , stylewise the Eagle wouldn't scare me much but the Vikings sort of do. Plus them being at home for the SB and all

I,d still favor the Pats over the Vikings but i wouldn't go into the game being 100% confidant.

In any case we need to focus on next week first and foremost. 1 step at the time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad