Prospect Info: 2017 200th Overall Pick | RW Sammy Walker

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
I’ve reffed this kid the last three years. Kid is special! Had a great season and now looking to win a state championship this weekend despite 90% of a sold out Xcel energy Center rooting against him (Edina and the private schools are public enemy #1 in MN hockey lol). He’s a good one and will likely win Mr. Hockey. Winners of Mr Hockey in last 10 years include McDonagh, Leddy, Bjugstad, Tufte and Mittelstadt.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He and Mittelstadt would make a nice line with the Gophers next year. I think Sammy is a faster and better skater, Casey has the better hands and vision. Both are pretty damn good. I think TBL have themselves a nice little lottery ticket. His brothers were very good players , also, but they didn't stick around in HS long enough to show this well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Turns out that Sammy isn't going to the Gophers, after all. Not sure if grades were an issue, or a clash with new incoming coach at MN, Bob Mosko. I would guess the former...hard to believe that Mosko wouldn't welcome a talent like Walker to the team.

Not sure if he will be playing USHL or CHL.

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
Turns out that Sammy isn't going to the Gophers, after all. Not sure if grades were an issue, or a clash with new incoming coach at MN, Bob Mosko. I would guess the former...hard to believe that Mosko wouldn't welcome a talent like Walker to the team.

Not sure if he will be playing USHL or CHL.

Where is the source for this? I have trouble searching on Google with such a historical name of Samuel Walker.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I pretty much searched all the NCAA rosters for this upcoming season and I can't find him on any of them. I would think a CHL team has his rights and he could go that route but haven't heard anything there either. He's far too good to just walk away or disappear like he seems to have.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Another low radar brilliant pick up.

It's no longer ridiculous, the NHL should be actively investigating the scouting staff for tampering.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We don't have any recent picks who have made it to the NHL through college other than Killorn, right?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We don't have any recent picks who have made it to the NHL through college other than Killorn, right?
Havard brains.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Matt Peca played 38 games for Montreal this season.

And while not picks, I would count J.T. Brown & Sustr as successes.

Reactions: DFC

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Walker has really impressed me when I have watched him. The point totals are even more impressing when you realize it’s almost completely at even strength.

Next year I expect him to explode when some key players leave and his role increases.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Reactions: Still All In

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Any time you can take an undrafted kid and skate him in 323 regular season games and 46 playoff games, that's a win. Much harder to achieve that with a defenseman than a forward too.

:dunno:
He'd have zero NHL games if he wasn't so tall though.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
From what completely unbiased Rangers fans tell me, criminal charges should be filed because Miller didn't win this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->