Prospect Info: 2017-2020 drafts

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
The 2017 draft was embarrassingly bad. The post draft narrative from Wright was size and character; these are just horrible things to draft for. Looks like we’ll get 1 decent/average? nhl player in Rasmussen at 9th OA. I think Lindstrom is not worth mentioning long term. 2018 is looking much better with Zadina/Veleno/Berggren all expected to be top 6/9 NHLers

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Total we got 44 prospects in the last 4 draft. Still it's not enough for rebuild. Outside potential stars Seider and Raymond we don't have much.

Honestly, I'm a long way from saying Seider or Raymond are "potential stars," too. I have no doubt they can be good players. But stars seems like a leap.

I think we've got a lot of players with good potential.

My best bets and darkhorses are Raymond, Niederbach, Bednar, Seider, Johansson, Soderblom, Tyutyayev, Zadina, Veleno, Berggren, Rasmussen.

The problem with having a zillion prospects, though, is you're going to get forced into tough development questions in the near future.
How many young guys (40 games or less experience) are you willing to stick in your lineup at once.
Are you going to have room for all these guys in the AHL? etc.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Honestly, I'm a long way from saying Seider or Raymond are "potential stars," too. I have no doubt they can be good players. But stars seems like a leap.

I think we've got a lot of players with good potential.

My best bets and darkhorses are Raymond, Niederbach, Bednar, Seider, Johansson, Soderblom, Tyutyayev, Zadina, Veleno, Berggren, Rasmussen.

The problem with having a zillion prospects, though, is you're going to get forced into tough development questions in the near future.
How many young guys (40 games or less experience) are you willing to stick in your lineup at once.
Are you going to have room for all these guys in the AHL? etc.
They'll get loaned to SHL if there isn't space, that much is obvious based on this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad