2017-2018 Standings Tracker

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Detroit is currently 7 points up on finishing dead last. Here's the rest of their March schedule:

At LA
At Anaheim
At Colorado
Vs Philly
Vs Washington
At Toronto
At Montreal
Vs Pittsburgh
At Buffalo
Vs Ottawa

After another several tough games, 3 of those last 4 are against fellow cellar dwellers. The "top" 3 could go right down to the wire this year...

EDIT: 7 points. Math is hard.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Rangers won, Edmonton got the OTL, and Vancouver continues to stink.

Team, games, points:

CHI, 70, 68
EDM, 70, 65
MON, 70, 64
DET, 69, 63
OTT, 69, 61
VAN 71, 59
ARI, 69, 57
BUF, 69, 56

Tonight's games:

TOR at BUF
PIT at MTL
CHI at WPG
DET at LA
NSH at ARI

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Mtl is a wildcard here. They're so bad but niemi had been godlike for them

Ottawa and Arizona could pass us

Vancouver might not win a single game to finish the season. Buffalo is doing OK but they're too far back to pass us

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
It's quite possible that Detroit finishes 2nd last.
Arizona and Buffalo have played better hockey of late.
If they continue what they've done lately, and if Detroit continues what they've done, Detroit might finish 2nd last to Vancouver.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
i went onto the canucks board and told them to start winning games but they said no =\

i figured it was worth a shot
CeuZT7JWEAA1PP0.jpg

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
So say we finish 4th last is the lottery top 3 or 2? If top 3 then we can finish anywhere from pick #1-6, and if top 2 we can finish 1-2, 4-6 correct?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Here you go guys:

Screen_Shot_2017_04_28_at_2.20.22_AM.png

This doesn't seem to lineup correctly atm though. We are currently 5th to last but it says 5th is impossible for us to get (as well as 6th). Granted there are still 13-14 games to play. I'm hopeful for a 4th to last finish but 3 is still possible just not very likely.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This doesn't seem to lineup correctly atm though. We are currently 5th to last but it says 5th is impossible for us to get (as well as 6th). Granted there are still 13-14 games to play. I'm hopeful for a 4th to last finish but 3 is still possible just not very likely.

It is last year's standings. But if you start with Colorado as worst team, you can see the odds from there.

Here is one for this year: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Funny how people thought the Rangers were tanking right and the Wings wrong a few weeks ago.

Wings and Nucks in a race to the bottom right now. Hopefully AZ, Sens and Sabres win some games.

Timber

Oct 29, 2015
Since today, we won’t finish above Boston, Vegas and Winnipeg. 5 down, 25 to go.

After the loss against LA, 3 more teams will finish above us: Toronto, Washington and Pittsburgh. 8 down, 22 to go.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This current form is a prove for me, that they overachieved until the deadline, and did let the season go after the Tatar-trade.

Team response is pretty easy to see.

I base my overachieving on the pre-season ranks, when the team didn't change much in the summer and many analyses did predict us to be 3rd worst team.

Of course pre-season ranks are not the full truth, like Colorado and Arizona were predicted to be worst, but Colorado had youth potential to go up and did make many depth additions on the team. No one just didn't see it. But Wings were almost stand pat, so bad season after another wasn't a big surprise.

I also won't blame Blashill about anything. He was a playoff coach with Pavel Datsyuk on the team and hasn't been without. He just lacks Elite talent.

Just look at Colorado, where Jared Bednar was told to be worst rookie coach ever, which everybody would laugh out from the league after horrible last season. When he got more talent on the team (importing own picks, trades, waiver claims), they are heading towards the playoffs.

Paul Maurice also got critics about being the worst coach ever, and look where is now, when he has talent on the roster. Last time he had enough talent on the roster was 15 years ago.

Last edited:

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
It seems the players have a clear sense of reality. Battling to not be sellers right up to TDL. End up selling proper roster players at the deadline. Now they are chasing the best pick possible. Its not like they've downed tools, but they aren't stupid...where's the motivation to push to the max when the playoffs are gone, you are selling and you know a bad run is probably better for the team. Its bound to take the edge off.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It seems the players have a clear sense of reality. Battling to not be sellers right up to TDL. End up selling proper roster players at the deadline. Now they are chasing the best pick possible. Its not like they've downed tools, but they aren't stupid...where's the motivation to push to the max when the playoffs are gone, you are selling and you know a bad run is probably better for the team. Its bound to take the edge off.

I know there has been a lot of talk about the winning culture, how we should not lose it. But they tried what they could for 5 months. Now, letting 1 month go as a toilet flush doesn't matter at all in the big picture. Or, it is at least the least damage you can have.

I like it this way, you push until the deadline as you can and see where you are. I hate what those Buffaloes and Arizonas are doing, teams are totally lost already from start of the season, and whole season becomes meaningless.

Some silver lining in this current mess.

Reactions: Pavels Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad