Line Combos: 2017-2018 Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I think we start like this assuming Brass doesn't start the season on time.

Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
Mac - JGP - Stone
Smith - White - Burrows
Dzingle - Pyatt - AHL/NHL tweener we get tomorrow.

Phaneuf - Karlsson
Claesson - Ceci
Boro - Harpur

Andy/Condon

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
We need a #1 Center beyond anything else right now.

I don't know about that. I used to think that but this most recent playoff run changed my opinion somewhat.

There are only two players outside the organization who could come in and be reasonable top-line centers in Ottawa right now -- Joe Thornton and Matt Duchene. And I believe neither of them is headed our way.

So depth (or 'dep' as Jacques Martin might say) will have to be our fallback. Turris, Brassard, Pageau, and White would be pretty good depth down the middle for this upcoming season. Perhaps someone like a Sam Gagne could come in as well but I'm not really counting on any miracles from the UFA market.

What we could use is another true scoring threat. It won't come from the defense, although whoever replaces Methot is bound to net more than the zero regular season goals he produced last year.

Drouin would have been nice. Really, really nice. Alas, not to be. So, again, I think we look to depth and more consistent production from our bottom six forward group than we got last year. And with the right progression of some players (i.e. Dzingle and White) and a delay in serious regression from others (i.e. Mac and Burrows) we might be able to pull that off.

We shall see. For my part, I would like one player out of free agency -- Kulikov. I think the departure of Methot offers up the possibility to improve the effectiveness of our D-corps in Boucher's system and that would be one avenue I'd like the team to explore. Even in a bottom pairing role, he would be good. I think. We'll see.....

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I feel like Chabot-Jaros can be a sick pairing.

Too bad they're both rookies though.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
I feel like Chabot-Jaros can be a sick pairing.

Too bad they're both rookies though.

Yeah, in a couple of years maybe. Both need some AHL time.

Both Boro and Widemsn are in the final year of their contracts. I could see Boro getting re-signed for depth but not Wideman. So some spots will be opening up and they will make room for Chabot sometime this year.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
Mac - Brass- Stone
Smith - JGP - Burrows
Dzingel - Thompson - Pyatt

Phaneuf - Karlsson
Claesson - Ceci
Boro - Harpur
Wideman

Andy

Current roster. Does not take into account injuries to Karlsson and Brassard

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt
Paul - White

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Borocop - Chabot
Harpur - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Solid.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
For those who think we're gonna be bad this year, I'd just ask you to look at who has left since the start of last year and who has been added since the start of last year -

In:
MacArthur
Condon
Burrows
Claesson
Chabot
White
Thompson

Out:
Methot
Hammond
Neil
Kelly

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Paul - White

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Borocop - Chabot
Harpur - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Solid.

I think we will battle for a playoff spot, but I could see us missing. You have to think Tampa is going to be better than last year, Toronto should get better, Montreal is always in it. Not sure about Florida to be honest. Boston is kind of like us I guess. Is Buffalo finally going to move in the right direction? I don't see Detroit as being a very good team right now.

I say 3rd in the division is the best we do, but we could be anywhere from 3-6 in the division I think.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For those who think we're gonna be bad this year, I'd just ask you to look at who has left since the start of last year and who has been added since the start of last year -

In:
MacArthur
Condon
Burrows
Claesson
Chabot
White
Thompson

Out:
Methot
Hammond
Neil
Kelly

Yep, was about to post something similar till I saw this.

Thompson should be an improvement over Kelly.
Condon is an improvement over Hammond (though we had Condon most of the year.
MacArthur/White/Burrows are all improvements over Neil and the various callups we started the year with (varone, Blunden, McCormick ect)

The only significant loss is Methot down to Claesson. I think we are clearly a better team on paper going into the year, and that`s without the wild card of whether Chabot is ready to step in as a top 4.

Got to say though, I am glad we didn`t sign Kulikov at the contract he got. That's the guy I was targeting, but not at that price, too much uncertainty which his back imo.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Paul - White

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Borocop - Chabot
Harpur - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Solid.
Look about right. Tough for Chabot, Harpur, Paul and White who probably have to start in Belleville now if Karlsson and Brassard are indeed back.

I can see a Wideman trade this year as Chabot develops. If Jaros is indeed another Boro (per Dorion), Boro could be another on a short leash by December.

Starting in Sweden does affect the schedule, so they will need bodies I'm sure. That could slow things a little.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion interview pretty much states Chabot is on this team.

Wrong move imo. He needs to go to bring Belleville

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brass - Stone
Mac - Pageau - White
Dzingle - Thompson - Burrows
(Pyatt)

Phaneuf - Karlsson
Claesson - Ceci
Chabot - Harpur
(Boro, Wideman)

Andy/Condon

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Hoff - Turris - Stone
Mac - Brass - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Burrows - Thompson - White
Dzingel

Dion - EK
Chabot - Ceci
Harpur - Jarros
Boro - Wideman

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Look about right. Tough for Chabot, Harpur, Paul and White who probably have to start in Belleville now if Karlsson and Brassard are indeed back.

I can see a Wideman trade this year as Chabot develops. If Jaros is indeed another Boro (per Dorion), Boro could be another on a short leash by December.

Starting in Sweden does affect the schedule, so they will need bodies I'm sure. That could slow things a little.

I doubt Wideman is in the club's plans long term. A lot of that depends on how on younger guys develop as you say. He's only got one year left on his deal anyways. I doubt he's here by this time next year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dorion interview pretty much states Chabot is on this team.

Wrong move imo. He needs to go to bring Belleville

He 20 years old, and will turn 21 half way through next year. He proved he can absolutely dominate his peers, I think he'd have to have an awful camp to not make any team.

People need to stop being afraid to play young players, when a guy shoes he's ready, you play him. So far, chabot has done nothing but show he is ready for the next challenge.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There are a few players who could start the season with Ottawa but I'm not sure if they will end the season here. But so much depends on money with this team & contracts. At the moment they have 12 forwards on one way contracts & 6 defencemen.

On defence Jaros should eventually replace Wideman as the 3rd pairing right shot defenceman unless of course Wideman starts to put up pts like he did in Bingo. I also think that Harpur eventually replaces Claesson on this roster & I would imagine they will want to get out of Phaneuf's contract eventually. I would think that Englund eventually replaces Phaneuf on defence & I would guess Chabot will be on this roster sooner rather than later. Luckily Ottawa is much stronger & deeper on defence than at forward & could use a defencemen or two as trade bait to add at forward.

At forward there are much fewer prospects who are NHL ready with the exception of White & Paul right now & both could start the yr in Bellville & be injury callups given Ottawa just signed Thompson. Ottawa also doesn't have anyone who can jump right into the top six but have a few who may be able to play bottom six minutes. They are really thin at forward & a few good ones could be yrs away.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He 20 years old, and will turn 21 half way through next year. He proved he can absolutely dominate his peers, I think he'd have to have an awful camp to not make any team.

People need to stop being afraid to play young players, when a guy shoes he's ready, you play him. So far, chabot has done nothing but show he is ready for the next challenge.

Time in the minors wont hurt him.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
They destroy us in forwards and goaltending, and we are one injury away from being worse than them on defence .

Destroy us in goaltending? Wut?

I know people around here like to romanticize Bishop as some top goalie, but the dude looked average at best last year. He may be an upgrade on what they had, but there's no way he's better than Anderson.

Also Sens forward depth >> Stars forward depth. I know that doesn't cancel out the fact they have Benn and Seguin, but it's closer than people think.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Dzingel - Thompson -Burrows

- White comes in while Brass is out

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Chabot - Boro

Harpur - Wideman (I would trade Wideman for a the highest pick I could get by Sept 1)

Anderson
Condon

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hoffman - Turris - Dzingle/White
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingle/White

Chabot/Harpur - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman
Borowiecki
Chabot/Harpur (loser goes to Belleville)

I realize that's a ton of pressure on Chabot/White, but that's a very deep team if the young guys can step up and fill an important role (Top 4/Top 6). Could obviously flip those guys with Stone/Claesson in the lineup and I'd be happy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad