Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Canada wins.

Wells was very solid, Rasanen looked good too (very very smart), Skinner struggled.

Rasanen is going to be a good player for us, hopefully for a long time. I don't think he gets much hype because of his draft position, but I'm certain he'll be a Jarnkrok/Haula/Letestu type 3C. A guy who chips in a consistent 25-40ish points while providing good defensive play as well. The fact that he's somewhat of a faceoff wizard is a huge plus as well. I was absolutely shocked with how far he slid back on draft day in 2016 as I had him as a third rounder and was ecstatic that we got him.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Rasanen is going to be a good player for us, hopefully for a long time. I don't think he gets much hype because of his draft position, but I'm certain he'll be a Jarnkrok/Haula/Letestu type 3C. A guy who chips in a consistent 25-40ish points while providing good defensive play as well. The fact that he's somewhat of a faceoff wizard is a huge plus as well. I was absolutely shocked with how far he slid back on draft day in 2016 as I had him as a third rounder and was ecstatic that we got him.

The Letestu comp is very much what I see. I think the reason I'm not over the top excited about him is because I see that as his ceiling. Still very happy with him. If he becomes Letestu we're laughing. I was super high on him going into the draft. Still happy. He's also going to a perfect program for him in BC, although I wouldn't be surprised if his first year is a major learning year for him.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The Letestu comp is very much what I see. I think the reason I'm not over the top excited about him is because I see that as his ceiling. Still very happy with him. If he becomes Letestu we're laughing. I was super high on him going into the draft. Still happy. He's also going to a perfect program for him in BC, although I wouldn't be surprised if his first year is a major learning year for him.

I guess a big part of why I'm so excited about him is I think he'll end up closer to a Jarnkrok type player than a Letestu. I think he'll be able to fill more of a 3C role and chip in more offense at even strength than Letestu typically does. And I don't mean that as a slight at all to Letestu who I am a huge fan of.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Pumped to watch the Mittlsedt/Brown/Yamamoto line at the WJC. They had great chemistry at U18s and have it again at summer eval camp. Yams had 7 goals, 13 points in 7 games at the U18s, so that line could challenge for one of best lines at WJC in recent memory

Never thought id cheer for the USA at WJC but im hoping he pops in 2 ppg at that tourny

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Pumped to watch the Mittlsedt/Brown/Yamamoto line at the WJC. They had great chemistry at U18s and have it again at summer eval camp. Yams had 7 goals, 13 points in 7 games at the U18s, so that line could challenge for one of best lines at WJC in recent memory

Never thought id cheer for the USA at WJC but im hoping he pops in 2 ppg at that tourny

What I've realized over the years is that I'm a bigger Oilers fan than I am a Canada fan. Haha.

With that said if team Canada has Benson and Wells on it.... I will be all aboard the Canada train. Especially if Wells lands the starting job.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What I've realized over the years is that I'm a bigger Oilers fan than I am a Canada fan. Haha.

With that said if team Canada has Benson and Wells on it.... I will be all aboard the Canada train. Especially if Wells lands the starting job.

Agreed, apart from the Olympics tho. Ill cheer for Wells too if he makes TC. But TC really has no other players I find appealing this year

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

Easy decision. Cheer for a 9-8 Canada win with Yamamoto scoring five goals, hattrick for Benson and none of the goals were our goalie's fault.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011

Canadas goalies always take so much heat at the wjc, I prefer when they are not Oilers prospect honestly.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Finland-USA in 45 minutes. Yamamoto not playing, Phil Kemp paired with Sean Day on the 2nd pairing for USA, Niemelainen 7th D on Finland.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
The Oilers hired Vaclav Burda as the new Head of European Scouting.

Spent a long time as a Euro scout with the Sens and they seem to have hit on a lot of guys from across the pond.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Yam was awesome that period.

Wells was as well.

I'm conflicted because I want Yam to light it up, but I also want Wells to make every save.

Also finalizing my comp for Yam: 50% Brendan Gallagher 50% Johnny Gaudreau.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Final report on Yam and Wells.

Yam had a beauty finish and played great at BOTH ends of the ice.

Wells was really good too. Let in 2 goals in a real high scoring game. One I didn't like and one he had no chance on. Canada's D was leaking chances left and right and Wells had to stand on his head at times.

He looked much better than Hart, but this is a summer camp so it doesn't mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->