2017-2018 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I expect the Badgers to win the big ten this year. Filled the two weaknesses in defense and goaltending.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I expect the Badgers to win the big ten this year. Filled the two weaknesses in defense and goaltending.

Want this to be true. As much as I have always hated the Gophers, adding Mittelstadt to that group makes them tough. As much as I have always hated the Wolverines, they also added a first rounder in Joshua Norris and should be better than last season.

One easy prediction, fans will love Sean Dhooghe.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Mittelstadt - Mittelstadt - Mittelstadt

Mittelstadt - Mittelstadt

Mittelstadt
Mittelstadt

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Sean Dhooghe has got to be the shortest badger ever. Doesn't play like 5'3" 143lbs though.

5'3?!

Dang, I just looked up Kyle Rau and Jacob Cepis, they were the two recent small guys that the Gophers have had, and they would practically tower over that kid, they're both listed as 5'8 :laugh:

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012

Mittelstadt
Mittelstadt

So who's your first call-up from the practice squad for a spot start if there's an injury, game suspension, etc? Do you think Mittelstadt would work?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
So who's your first call-up from the practice squad for a spot start if there's an injury, game suspension, etc? Do you think Mittelstadt would work?

Mittelstadt is indestructible, and is incapable of committing any sort of infraction, so I don't think either of those scenarios will come up!

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
How is it trolling them? It's not like any team is pre-ordained to always be in somebody's top 10 list.

The hat? Look, it's a reasonable list and you're right - ND probably is a borderline Top 10 team. But those three Boston (although not IN Boston) teams and Notre Dame are definitely pre-ordained to be there (and I 100% guarantee that list will change in a month), and he knew the response he would get from Sioux fans.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The hat? Look, it's a reasonable list and you're right - ND probably is a borderline Top 10 team. But those three Boston (although not IN Boston) teams and Notre Dame are definitely pre-ordained to be there (and I 100% guarantee that list will change in a month), and he knew the response he would get from Sioux fans.

Of course it will change in a month, that's just the nature of preseason top 10's. Nobody knows anything at this point.

I don't disagree with you that he has an east coast bias, but I don't think him not including UND was done with any malice, or to try and rile anybody up.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
UND isn't a top 10 team right now. They lost a ton and people saying their freshmen will just step in are likely going to be disappointed.
The NCHCA..much like the old WCHA...is an upperclassmen dominated league. The depth is questionable for them and i definitely don't think they are as deep as the teams that did make the list. Plus i think people are not sold on Cam Johnson in goal.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I just think a regular Minnesota/UMD/Mankato/Bemidji/St. Cloud tournament would be a lot better than the Beanpot. Might be interesting to see how some of the D-III teams would fare as well.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I just think a regular Minnesota/UMD/Mankato/Bemidji/St. Cloud tournament would be a lot better than the Beanpot. Might be interesting to see how some of the D-III teams would fare as well.

That's why I'm bummed the Northstar Cup didn't take off. I thought it was a cool idea, and I liked the idea of having an all MN tournament, it was just a bummer that someone had to sit out every year.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
That's why I'm bummed the Northstar Cup didn't take off. I thought it was a cool idea, and I liked the idea of having an all MN tournament, it was just a bummer that someone had to sit out every year.

Someone was always going to have to. No way that tourney could go more than 2 days and there is no way a team could play 2 in one day.

Also, while it may be an interesting idea to involve D3 teams...they'd get killed.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Someone was always going to have to. No way that tourney could go more than 2 days and there is no way a team could play 2 in one day.

Also, while it may be an interesting idea to involve D3 teams...they'd get killed.

I wish they could have done it more in that holiday season, around Thanksgiving or Christmas. Maybe even the week between Christmas and New Years. Less schedule concerns, so you could make it a 3 day tournament, everyone is involved.

But, the tournament is pretty much dead now, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad