2017/2018 Management Discussion | NEW MOD WARNING IN OP AS OF 5/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Fair points on the 21-24 year olds. My point is I don’t think he’s suggesting ROR is young. That being said I’m not averse to ROR “at the right price” . He’s only 27 and his underlying advanced stats actually show he’s one of the top 2 way centres in the league and that’s on a crap Buffalo team.

We have cap room, he takes #1 , Bo then Guadette then Sutter.

All depends on cost
‘Gaudette then Sutter’

That is so sad..............

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Still laughing at some of these quotes from Linden yesterday. How on earth is this smug clown running an multi-million dollar organization. Unbelievable.

Reactions: timw33 and MS

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Still laughing at some of these quotes from Linden yesterday. How on earth is this smug clown running an multi-million dollar organization. Unbelievable.

He is insufferable. I can't stand him.

"of course we thought of x! We're geniuses. We know everything. But excuses! We have so many excuses!" - every Trevor Linden quote.

Such a tool bag.

Last edited:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I'm sure he isn't the only smug clown running a business - but how on earth is he still considered likable by the fans? Yah I get that the Canucks do a good job of brainwashing... err marketing that the future is bright - but all you have to do is listen to an interview where is talking about fans. Aka the "gain alignment with fans - if they can wrap their heads around that" comment. A guy that's making a living since he retired living off of his name from fan support just detests the people that likely got him the job. (I'm sure he likes the fans that wear his jersey's, pay, and don't ask questions about the teams direction- aka goodbye summer summit lol)

Would there have been any chance at all that Linden could have been gifted this role, with any other team in the league? Yzerman didn't have that problem - but they don't seem to be cut from the same cloth anyways lol.

Reactions: geebaan and HSD19

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The reason why this management group can never get value is because they don't believe in creating a market. They don't bother aggressively shopping, instead it seems like they always just sit back and wait for other teams to call them. And then they bring out the excuse of "you need to have desirable assets" when in reality they just have the negotiating skills of a 5 year old.

Reactions: MarkMM

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I would rather have Benning than Linden.

It's not even a debate in my mind.
totally agree. Linden is way more of a problem than anyone makes him out to be. I honestly believe that a lot of the terrible moves made over the past reign have been at his direction. He likes Dim in there as he can just tell him what to do and he does it.
I'm not sure I agree. Linden has been a massive disappointment since he came back, but in many ways that's because he doesn't seem to actually do anything other than invent justifications on the spot for whatever Benning is doing. His main problem looks to me like loyalty to his friend/ex-teammate... I'm not sure I'd pin any of the specific moves on him, even though he looks terrible defending them.

I think if Benning were fired and Linden happened to hire a competent guy (whether by luck or actual critical thinking), he would blindly defend that guy too.

Reactions: I in the Eye

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
I'm not sure I agree. Linden has been a massive disappointment since he came back, but in many ways that's because he doesn't seem to actually do anything other than invent justifications on the spot for whatever Benning is doing. His main problem looks to me like loyalty to his friend/ex-teammate... I'm not sure I'd pin any of the specific moves on him, even though he looks terrible defending them.

I think if Benning were fired and Linden happened to hire a competent guy (whether by luck or actual critical thinking), he would blindly defend that guy too.

Linden's a horse who hitched himself to the wrong cart. If hitched to the right cart, Linden would still be a horse... a horse galloping in the right direction, and not straight off a cliff.

However, Linden is a horse. A horse should not be the President of the Canucks. Put him in a simple PR role, IMHO... where he can take pictures with babies and their parents, and gallop around to smiling, clapping crowds. Linden is a show horse... put him in a show.

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Guys I really think we are going. To far now.

Attack his moves, his competency for the job, his lies and stupidity but I think attacking his appearance is not really called for.

Please don’t make me become one of the benning defenders here

Agree. It weakens the actual arguments against him by becoming mired in with schoolyard taunting. It’s counterproductive to any sort of legit discussion.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Guys I know what you are doing here, but I'm sure you know that for whatever reason leveraging cap space is not team policy and Linden is just making one of the many bad excuses for it. It's not incompetence per se in this case he is just trevsplaining.

Reactions: geebaan

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Guys I know what you are doing here, but I'm sure you know that for whatever reason leveraging cap space is not team policy and Linden is just making one of the many bad excuses for it. It's not incompetence per se in this case he is just trevsplaining.

Or it's just plain incompetence. Remember the quote from Benning last year when this issue was brought up? "Why would I do that when I can just go out and sign free agents?"

Reactions: timw33

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Or it's just plain incompetence. Remember the quote from Benning last year when this issue was brought up? "Why would I do that when I can just go out and sign free agents?"

Well I definitely don't agree with the policy, but it is a really straight forward concept even a guy with a high school diploma could master. They just don't want to do it.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Marian Hossa
Matt Moulson
Tyler Ennis
Ryan Callahan
Milan Lucic
Corey Perry
Ryan Kesler
Brooks Orpik
Troy Brouwer
Jason Spezza
Kyle Okposo
Andrew Ladd
Jason Pominville
Zach Bogosian
Jori Lehtera
Andrew Macdonald
Karl Alzner
Matt Martin
Nathan Horton

Just a few bad contracts that Benning and his cohorts should be looking into taking on. But as Trevor said, Vegas took care of the problem already. Nothing to see here.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
From the trade deadline to today’s 1st round the Rangers have added Lindgren, Rykov, K. Miller, Nils Lundqvist

Also Hajek but not that high on him

That’s how you restock a blue line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad