2017/2018 Management Discussion | NEW MOD WARNING IN OP AS OF 5/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I love how his hair gets darker with age. Someone on twitter called him a modern day Fred Flinstone.

boringasheck

Sep 22, 2011
upload_2018-6-21_13-46-3.png

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
All of these derp moments from Jim leading up to draft day have me very worried something catastrophic is going to happen. Please be wrong.... Or catastrophic enough to get this FO fired.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Back to the Tanev/Toronto talk in regards to Gilman...

I think it was Botch on TSN1040 last week or so when he was asked if Gilman would make it easier to get a deal with Toronto and he said flat out no. The argument was that they know each other would make it easier but Botch denied it and knowing that he is rather close with Gilman I can figure where this is coming from. Looks like to me the bridges between Linden/Benning and Gilman are burned (could have guessed after all these hints on the wednesdays) so actually Gilman being hired makes it less likely to see a Tanev to Toronto trade eventhough he likes Tan-man. Just appears one side doesnt want to deal with the other.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Ah yes, just need to get 4 NHLers per year and in......6 years we'll have a full team!

Very reasonable expectations, Jim.

Well so far he got 4 (in 4 years) who are still with the team, two have them have combined for a grand total of 6 games. Though there were othere who already have played a lot of NHL, neither of them is with the organization anymore at this stage nor have have the returns brought any positive impact (Clendenning, Guddy)

Reactions: Canadian Club

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Well so far he got 4 (in 4 years) who are still with the team, two have them have combined for a grand total of 6 games. Though there were othere who already have played a lot of NHL, neither of them is with the organization anymore at this stage nor have have the returns brought any positive impact (Clendenning, Guddy)

So he's already 10 players behind his own expectations, sweet.

Last edited:

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
So he's already 10 players shy behind his own expectations, sweet.

I think he means going forward... the last 4 years don't count. This is the new, experienced Jim Benning. You can tell by his hair. Clean slate... pressing the Reset button... starting from scratch. Rebuild the Retool. Drafting 4 NHL players per draft sounds like a great plan, and a good, fresh start. Having them play on the team, or trading them for picks to keep the circle of life going sounds great... much better than trading them for age gap shit that makes the circle of life die. Go Jimbo... round 2.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Benning said he is opening to use his cap to get picks.

Using cap to trade for cap dump players:

Benning: We've got some cap-space & we can use that in a trade. We're going over all our options - I don't know if we'll be able to add a pick but we're trying. #Canucks

Linden: Of course we would look at taking bad money for assets. Absolutely. But it's less realistic because Vegas solved that problem for a lot of teams last year. #Canucks

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Linden: It's gotta be the right fit, the right piece. It's hard... It's not just X player is worth this because that's what I think. I've heard people talk about creating a market for players which is ridiculous. That's impossible to do. There's a set market. #Canucks

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Yes, he actually said this. :laugh: This regime is a never-ending terrible quote machine.

How are people this f***ing stupid employed to run a $800 $700 million franchise.

Reactions: Canadian Club

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Linden: It's gotta be the right fit, the right piece. It's hard... It's not just X player is worth this because that's what I think. I've heard people talk about creating a market for players which is ridiculous. That's impossible to do. There's a set market. #Canucks

This is the biggest bunch of shit I've ever heard.

Reactions: megatron

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER

Yes, he actually said this. :laugh: This regime is a never-ending terrible quote machine.

How are people this ****ing stupid employed to run a $800 $700 million franchise.

It's an insult that gets tossed around by talk radio-listening chuds on this forum, but this is actual NHL 18 thinking. Like the computer sets the market and that's it.

Did anyone ask him a follow up to this? I would love to know whos responsible for setting this market. We need to get to this mysterious NHL trade market impresario and compromise his shit if we're ever getting rid of some of these contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad