Prospect Info: 2017-2018 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Doesn't mean much. NCAA players have to pay their own way. It's common for them to miss.

Belpedio may not be fully healthy either. Was this reluctance to sign reported anywhere? Not sure I buy it. I don't think he was ready to go pro.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the potential/expectations of these players who made their NHL debut last season?

Pat Cannone
Zack Mitchell

Now that Folin is gone I think Cannone will be my go to man.

I like humble guys who always do their best. (Prosser wouldn't be a bad pick either...)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Go to man, as in what? Our 3rd pairing RD? Hes a 30 year old forward with 3 NHL games.

I think he meant "go to guy" as in the guy that he'll cheer for. He likes humble guys that try hard. I'm guessing he also likes underdogs, since he's talking about liking borderline NHL players and he's also on the Wild forum. Zing!

You know, old man Nummelin is still playing. He could be a forward and a defenseman for us. ;) Wait, he's a LD isn't he? That dashes that dream.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think he meant "go to guy" as in the guy that he'll cheer for. He likes humble guys that try hard. I'm guessing he also likes underdogs, since he's talking about liking borderline NHL players and he's also on the Wild forum. Zing!

You know, old man Nummelin is still playing. He could be a forward and a defenseman for us. ;) Wait, he's a LD isn't he? That dashes that dream.

Oh alright, that makes a lot more sense lol :laugh:. Just got confused by our 2 RHDs being listed.

Let's bring Nummelin back, we can use another leftie. We only have about 20 on the roster right now.

Kase

May 1, 2016
Had to look him up. Never heard of him before this tweet. Googled it and came up as Artyom Minulin, says he was with SC Broncos, so guessing here.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=312207

6'2" 200 lb RD. A nice sized RD is worth a look at camp.

I remember that at some point of this last season some people were talking him being in the same tier as Välimäki who was picked 16th in the draft.

After that Minulin started dropping, but I've noticed that fans of ceveral teams were really surprised he wasn't picked at all, and they would have liked to pick him with their mid round pick.

From what I've heard the main reason he wasn't picked is his skating.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Not sure if the dev camp is open to the public. If it is, how have Brennan Menell and Giorgio Estephan looked?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not sure if the dev camp is open to the public. If it is, how have Brennan Menell and Giorgio Estephan looked?

The camp includes two free, open-to-the-public scrimmages Tuesday, July 11 at 2:30 p.m. and on Thursday, July 13 at 5 p.m. (from Wild website)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'll compile the new thread this week. Who needs to be taken off the list(s) I have currently in the OP?

Tuch and Graovac are gone.
Wild will lose DeJong's rights before the season starts.
Does Mayhew still count, he's not on the 50 man roster? AHL only contract.
Brassart wasn't given a QO.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Stezka will be in Europe: Bili Tygri Liberec of the Czech League. I don't think there's much chance JEE will be.

Soucy in the AHL/ECHL.

Brassart is gone.

Not sure where Bouramman will be playing but he can play pro, don't think he's likely to be in the OHL.

Kunin should be AHL.

Can probably delete De Jong.

Can delete Ryan Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->