Prospect Info: 2018-2019 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Giroux named Captain for Saginaw. Well deserved he was an assistant Captain last year. Still just 18 and respected by his teammates.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Giroux named Captain for Saginaw. Well deserved he was an assistant Captain last year. Still just 18 and respected by his teammates.
What kind of season do you expect out of Giroux and the team?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lodnia with a 5-pointer in the ice dogs opener. 2+3
Pretty good. Have to say he didn't show much in camp, but he is still very young.
Hey, does your user name refer to a type of Jensen speaker?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Pretty good. Have to say he didn't show much in camp, but he is still very young.
Hey, does your user name refer to a type of Jensen speaker?

It's not like he really had any chance to show much. The Wild had the CHLers in camp basically just to get their measurements, check in with them and send them on their way. Camp started on the 14th, and most CHLers were assigned to their teams on the 17th. A couple (Lodnia included) got to play in the opening pre-season game against peg and sent on their way the next day.

He did get the primary assist on our loan goal in Winnipeg. So he did show atleast a little bit.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Hunter Werner is a name I haven't heard in awhile. Thought he was pretty good in the prospect tourney a couple years back. What happened? Iowa tire fire?

He was a non-prospect that got a bit of hype because it's a good story/narrative for Russo to latch onto and write about during mostly boring training camps. Undrafted local kid signs NHL deal after prospect camp/taverse city tourney, etc.

See also: Brennan Menell

Reactions: nstarjim

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
He was a non-prospect that got a bit of hype because it's a good story/narrative for Russo to latch onto and write about during mostly boring training camps. Undrafted local kid signs NHL deal after prospect camp/taverse city tourney, etc.

See also: Brennan Menell

Pretty unfair to Menell, who put up notable points in junior and has been ok as a young pro. Warner was never more than a face-puncher, and a bizarre waste of an ELC.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Pretty unfair to Menell, who put up notable points in junior and has been ok as a young pro. Warner was never more than a face-puncher, and a bizarre waste of an ELC.

Meh, he's an after thought. He got a single vote for 12th place in our prospect rankings. Pronman had him at 15. He's not an NHL prospect. But he got a lot of press last year because he's from woodbury, similar to Warner's first camp because he's from Cambridge.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
What kind of season do you expect out of Giroux and the team?
Giroux should be good on the draws, making plays and always 100% on and off the ice. 60-70pts is expected on a top ranked team. Loads of young talent your scouts know that already.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dowy171XsAANSe3.jpg:large

I found the pronunciation funnier than I probably should.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dowy171XsAANSe3.jpg:large

I found the pronunciation funnier than I probably should.
Every time I say Kloos, I will always say what his name rhymes with from now on!

Kloos, rhymes with caboose...
Kloos, rhymes with noose...
Kloos, rhymes with juice...
Kloos, rhymes with goose...
Kloos, rhymes with moose...

:laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Every time I say Kloos, I will always say what his name rhymes with from now on!

Kloos, rhymes with caboose...
Kloos, rhymes with noose...
Kloos, rhymes with juice...
Kloos, rhymes with goose...
Kloos, rhymes with moose...

:laugh:

Kloos doesn't rhyme with grey duck. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BagHead

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Any chance for a 2018-19 prospect Thread?

I doubt it: our mods won't even update the affiliate in the AHL/ECHL thread. I no longer have my mod powers, which also makes the task of keeping the status current very difficult. But we'll certainly see some Kaprizov highlights.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Giroux gets his first OHL hat trick plus to 2 assists to lead Saginaw 6-2 over North Bay. Giroux has 9 pts in 8 games a good start to the season. He works both ends of the ice gives 110% every shift and is developing well on a good squad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Giroux gets his first OHL hat trick plus to 2 assists to lead Saginaw 6-2 over North Bay. Giroux has 9 pts in 8 games a good start to the season. He works both ends of the ice gives 110% every shift and is developing well on a good squad.
Grimsby, or Grimsby Beach?

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Hearing McBain missed the first two games for BC and could miss more due to Mono.
Tough start for his NCAA career.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Giroux scores winning goal in a 2-1 victory over Kitchener. He also added an assist on the first goal. Our Captain is really picking up his game. G-9 G-6 A-5 Pt-11 +11 and getting top TOI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad