League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Even without getting into the future of Oshie, I doubt it's possible to keep a typical contender-quality team structure (center depth, quality D) with more than one uber-expensive winger. For the Caps, that winger is Ovi...

But in the unlikely event that the Caps decide to build an offensive juggernaut with a Vegas-type D corps, I won't complain either. Then by all means, go after the Panarins of the world...

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
If I'm a Leafs fan, throwing Connor Carrick $1.3 million before FA starts says: "Meh, sure it'd be kinda nice to fix our porous defense that cannot do squa-doodle to protect the front of our net, but we're not liking our options much."

Talk about a team that needs Brooks Orpik

Reactions: RandyHolt

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Connor Carrick has been pretty underutilized by Babcock, who preferred his own version of Orpik in Polak. While the Caps are pretty darn full with low-cost, medium/high-reward fringe D at the moment, he would be a target not unlike Kempny and Jerabek for another team to try and swoop in and steal from Toronto if they made him available.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Carrick as the throw-in to take Laich off the books was a huge win. One of BMac's best moves, frankly. He's just a non-factor on the ice.

Carrick gets knocked off the puck and losses his position in front of the net worse than 170 pound Djoos. Carrick is an awful defenseman.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
And the annoying Vegas drummers make it to the awards ceremony

Vegas was a neat spot for the awards when they didn't have a team. I'm sure it's a nice party atmosphere for the attendees, but maybe now that there's a team in the city the NHL should consider additional/alternate locations. It's not like the Super Bowl period on the calendar ... virtually any location in N America would be fine, weather-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad