Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Coyotes Prospect Stats Weekly Update

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
More than any other team it looks like. I imagine Hayton and POJ have really good odds. Less so for the Entwistle, and even less for Bahl I'd think.

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
More than any other team it looks like. I imagine Hayton and POJ have really good odds. Less so for the Entwistle, and even less for Bahl I'd think.
I'd agree with that. Canada has traditionally found a couple of players like Entwistle on its roster every year, so we'll see if he can secure a spot. It would be important for him to have a great start to the junior season to remain in consideration in December when the above roster is pared down. Also potential for other players to elevate themselves in consideration a la Steenbergen.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hayton should make it. If he doesn't, that's an embarrassment. I really doubt Canada has 6D better than POJ at this point as well.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
World junior showcase currently on (and televised) in Canada. Thought Hayton played a super solid defensive game. Picked up an assist. Not seeing dynamic play but he's going to be a very good two way C.

Reactions: PuckLife

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
World junior showcase currently on (and televised) in Canada. Thought Hayton played a super solid defensive game. Picked up an assist. Not seeing dynamic play but he's going to be a very good two way C.
Agree - plus he had a lot of shots and was crashing the net on most of the rushes. I thought he was Canada’s all round best forward. The broadcast missed most of the faceoffs, but it looked like he won most of them.

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Agree - plus he had a lot of shots and was crashing the net on most of the rushes. I thought he was Canada’s all round best forward. The broadcast missed most of the faceoffs, but it looked like he won most of them.
Late reply ... was on holidays! My brother lives in Kamloops and went to the games and said Hayton was dominant at the dot and, to the eye, seemed to drive possession combined with astute positional play. He also interestingly said that Hayton seems very well schooled at the notion of short shifts vs some of the "star" players who would linger.

He's a Canucks fan so was interested mostly in Hughes, but I asked him to watch Hayton.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Late reply ... was on holidays! My brother lives in Kamloops and went to the games and said Hayton was dominant at the dot and, to the eye, seemed to drive possession combined with astute positional play. He also interestingly said that Hayton seems very well schooled at the notion of short shifts vs some of the "star" players who would linger.

He's a Canucks fan so was interested mostly in Hughes, but I asked him to watch Hayton.
Honestly if he makes Team Canada as an 18 year old that’s incredible and does more to reinforce the selection at 5Ov. My expectation is he wouldn’t be able to do so at this point.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
New year has begun...nice work from Schnarr & Kirk out of the gate.

Dmen however are 0pts in 8g combined.

Yeah, points... But how did they play? I know points are vital. But it's not all, is it. Even more "not all" for defencemen.

Tried to get the Pete's fans to give some input on Kirk, but they only posted that tweet with his goal. Kind of disappointed on the yield there, but can't be rude and complain about it either, so well.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
New year has begun...nice work from Schnarr & Kirk out of the gate.

Dmen however are 0pts in 8g combined.

If you're making a new one this year, whenever you get around to it can you make a new thread and I'll close out this one?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yeah, points... But how did they play? I know points are vital. But it's not all, is it. Even more "not all" for defencemen.

Tried to get the Pete's fans to give some input on Kirk, but they only posted that tweet with his goal. Kind of disappointed on the yield there, but can't be rude and complain about it either, so well.

I provide updates on actual play when I watch the games...I wasn't able to watch any of the early games...but yes, I do provide updates from time to time on the play when I catch the games. I did watch the highlight video of his goal and it is a nice stick check defense and keeps his head up after acquiring the puck and fires it past the goalie, hopefully a lot more of that this season from Kirk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad