2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's not really supposed to be a knock against the kid. Byron is one of the fastest players in the NHL, Bitten is speedy but not Byron speedy.

agreed.

I think Verbeek is byron fast

I only saw him once, he didn't look that fast. Will be interesting to see him and Bitten on the ice together as I would think they are around the same speed.

Reactions: OriginalCanadian

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For those interested, TVA Sports 2 now has Game 3 of Armada/Titans, where you can watch Alain.

Also, on Sortsnet360 @ 7PM, Game 4 of Bulldogs/Greyhounds, where you can watch Will Bitten.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's always troubling when a CHLer puts up his best numbers at 17. He scored 30 goals in his draft year but the next two years he had only 43 goals in 127 games. That's concerning. But he's got NHL speed, work ethic, plays bigger then his size, has some offense. I think he'll be an NHLer but not sure he'll be more then a 3rd liner unless his offensive game takes a big leap forward.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It's always troubling when a CHLer puts up his best numbers at 17. He scored 30 goals in his draft year but the next two years he had only 43 goals in 127 games. That's concerning. But he's got NHL speed, work ethic, plays bigger then his size, has some offense. I think he'll be an NHLer but not sure he'll be more then a 3rd liner unless his offensive game takes a big leap forward.

He's had some very bad luck along the way, but I agree a 3rd liner would be fantastic. I'm hoping for a grittier version of Byron with a bit less speed but a more well rounded game... probably not 20 goals either...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He's had some very bad luck along the way, but I agree a 3rd liner would be fantastic. I'm hoping for a grittier version of Byron with a bit less speed but a more well rounded game... probably not 20 goals either...

If you asked up to 8 years post-draft for Byron, no one would have predicted 20 goals guy either:naughty:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No points for Bitten tonight. But Hamilton won 6-4 to take a 3-2 series lead. On Sunday, he could be OHL Champion and head to the Memorial Cup. If not Sunday, it could be on Monday.

Meanwhile, Alain has no points so far in Game 5 of Armada/Titans series. Acadie-Bathurst are up 4-3 with less than 2 minutes left.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For anyone interested, Game 6 of Bulldogs/Greyhounds will be on SN360 @ 2PM ET. And Game 6 of Armada/Titans will be on TVA Sports @ 3PM ET.

Both Bulldogs and Titans can win the series, the championship, and qualify for the Memorial Cup. Swift Current can also win the WHL Championship with a win tonight.

Reactions: Yoshidas Island

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think so, too. I'm very excited to watch him much closer with Laval next year.

I think Bitten is going to surprise people and become a legit NHLer.

True judgment will come with Laval next year. I like how hard Bitten skates and he seems to be full of energy every time he steps out on the ice. I expect 2 or 3 seasons with Laval though before we see what he can do with the Habs. Might be another Hudon. We will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->