2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Pez with another assist last night.

What is interesting though is that he’s a centre this season (I thought he was drafted as a winger?).

His big game he was 17 for 26 on the draw. Last night he was 10 for 12. He may find a niche after all if he can be good on the dot.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

What is interesting though is that he’s a centre this season (I thought he was drafted as a winger?).

His big game he was 17 for 26 on the draw. Last night he was 10 for 12. He may find a niche after all if he can be good on the dot.

No thanks. His discipline is bad, the rest of his game is bad. Don't care if he's the best face-off man of all time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
From what I've read on Pezzeta is that if he gets his discipline in order, he will have a good future because he has a lot of talent and plays with an edge. He just needs to temper that edge sometimes.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he was drafted as a center.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He was a high pick out of bantam so he always had at least SOME talent, it's just that he hasn't been able to stay disciplined long enough to harness it. That and Sudbury has been awful in the last couple years. I won't be holding my breath for a big career reversal from him but you never know I guess, stranger things have happened.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watched Bitten's game from last night vs Barrie. He was at center and was easily one of the best players on the ice as he was flying out there with very good speed and using his high motor as he was all over the place. Made a nice move behind the net to setup the goal and had a few other good plays in the offensive zone. He is small but he sure is fast and you have the like the way he plays the game. Didn't see the SO yet but I'll watch it later.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Watched Bitten's game from last night vs Barrie. He was at center and was easily one of the best players on the ice as he was flying out there with very good speed and using his high motor as he was all over the place. Made a nice move behind the net to setup the goal and had a few other good plays in the offensive zone. He is small but he sure is fast and you have the like the way he plays the game. Didn't see the SO yet but I'll watch it later.

goal and an assist today. hope he can have a big season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Bitten with a goal and an assist last night in a 4-3 shootout loss to Kingston. He was voted 3rd Star.
- Pezzetta with no points in a 2-1 loss to Sault Ste. Marie.
- Fleury with a goal in a 4-3 loss to the Edmonton Oil Kings.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
NCAA starts this weekend stoked to see a lot of Poehling and Evans this year. CHN (college hockey news) did a pre-season poll and I was very surprised at the results, Evans team ranked 2nd in the NCAA, Hawkey's team 3rd overall, and Poehling's 9th.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2017/09/26_CHN-Preseason-Top-10-A-New.php

here's some quotes on the Hab prospects,

"The biggest question mark for PC is junior Hayden Hawkey. In his first year as PC's full-time starter, Hawkey stuggled through October and November with an .884 save percentage before posting a .925 for the rest of the season"

"They also return sophomore Ryan Poehling, who scored seven goals as the youngest player in college hockey this season"

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Seen all of Walford's games so far (2 on stream, 2 in-person) and he has been absolutely fantastic. Slick skating, sweet passing, and a physical edge. Looks like he's in a Juulsen-type situation where he's playing well but the points just aren't coming.

Jarret Tyszka has also been pretty good.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Seen all of Walford's games so far (2 on stream, 2 in-person) and he has been absolutely fantastic. Slick skating, sweet passing, and a physical edge. Looks like he's in a Juulsen-type situation where he's playing well but the points just aren't coming.

Is Walford getting good minutes ? Some time on the PP/PK ?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Is Walford getting good minutes ? Some time on the PP/PK ?

He's been a mainstay on the Royals PP. Royals didn't take too many penalties so I didn't notice if he was on the PK. He probably got the most ice time out of all defensemen over the weekend back-to-back with Kamloops. Or if he didn't, he was definitely the most noticeable.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's been a mainstay on the Royals PP. Royals didn't take too many penalties so I didn't notice if he was on the PK. He probably got the most ice time out of all defensemen over the weekend back-to-back with Kamloops. Or if he didn't, he was definitely the most noticeable.
Sweet, real happy to hear that.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Thanks for this, Stive.

Is he like a Thrower-type or what we hoped Thrower would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->