2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Thomas came out of a half-wall scrum with the puck somehow and made a beautiful feed to Saigeon, who failed to take advantage with a huge amount of net to shoot at.

Tied 2-2 with about 5 minutes left.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Thomas had a strong game, but it wasn't pristine. A couple of notable turnovers, including a really bad one at the offensive blue line that led to a dangerous rush back the other way that generated a scoring chance and a PP for the other team. He has good defensive awareness overall, and his work on the boards is good for his age, but he looked a bit lost a couple of times while defending the mid-high slot area. Just kind of floating in space, not really marking any particular threat in the area or displaying any real sense of purpose. Just something to work on. Wasn't his best night on faceoffs, either, but he won a few key ones.

The positives are easy to see and are already well documented. His line could have easily generated a few more goals than it did. Saigeon muffed a couple of prime chances that Thomas generated, and Thomas had a few others that didn't go in (including the crossbar).

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If Thomas scores on the pp late in the 1st it’s probably a different game. Meh, I don’t really care who wins. It’s clear how Thomas stacks up against his peers.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
It was back and forth. Bulldogs definitely had the best of it early, but the Pats weathered the storm and got the better of it late. Both teams had plenty of chances.
Credit to the pats goalie Baddock, he really kept them in it. Their D also played really well, particularly Mahura, Fleury, and Hajek. Anaheim got a steal w/ Mahura in the 3rd round. I couldn’t believe that kid Kaliyev turned 16 in January, he’s gonna be a good one.

Last edited:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Credit to the pats goalie Baddock, he really kept them in it. Their D also played really well, particularly Mahura, Fleury, and Hajek. Anaheim got a steal w/ Mahura in the 3rd round. I couldn’t believe hat kid Valiyev turned 16 in January, he’s gonna be a good one.
Khaliyev? He’s a good scorer but he doesn’t really make his own plaus

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Yeah, meant Arthur Kaliyev. Not everyday a 16 year old scores 30+ goals in the OHL. :dunno:

Agreed, but from someone who watched most of Hamilton’s games after the Thomas trade, he’s a good player, but he’s not a great skater and he’s reliant on his teammates to get him the puck in the slot. He gets dirty goals which is pretty impressive for a 16 year old I’ll say.

Reactions: stl76

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Seems like he’d be brought in as insurance/competition for Fabbri and Thomas. Army isn’t just gonna “give” them roster spots. I also assumed one of Sobotka/Berglund will be gone no matter what, but I’m curious if this means we’re looking to potentially move both.
Why would a center be competition for a LW(Fabbri) spot? With Steen/Schwarts and all of the young F (Foley/stevens/Sanfrod) I think he would only be in comp for 4th C.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Why would a center be competition for a LW(Fabbri) spot? With Steen/Schwarts and all of the young F (Foley/stevens/Sanfrod) I think he would only be in comp for 4th C.

It's not all that uncommon for centers to transition to wing when making the jump to the NHL. I don't really think he would have much a a chance to jump Fabbri, but he won't be playing 4th line center if he came to camp and outplayed Fabbri.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Echoing what others have said, Thomas is a man amongst boys out there. This is the first time I’ve got to really see him live and it’s obvious he’s ready to move up.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
That goalie for Swift Current sure was in Thomas’ head. Stopped him 8 times tonight, left him staring into the rafters more than once. Thomas still looked awesome, even if Skinner did have him locked down.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Hamilton up 2 - 0 after the 1st period.

Despite the score, I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Fitzpatrick. He’s playing more positionally than he used to. He moves very deliberately and keeps himself square to the puck. He still has great laterally mobility, but he’s not pulling an Allen by flopping all around the crease.

He still has some issues though. I’d like him to keep his glove high a lot more than he has. That’s how he got beat on the second goal, although it was a 2-on-1 play. Now let’s see how he comes out in the 2nd, because his consistency has always been a large black spot on his scouting reports. But so far, so good.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Hamilton up 2 - 0 after the 1st period.

Despite the score, I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Fitzpatrick. He’s playing more positionally than he used to. He moves very deliberately and keeps himself square to the puck. He still has great laterally mobility, but he’s not pulling an Allen by flopping all around the crease.

He still has some issues though. I’d like him to keep his glove high a lot more than he has. That’s how he got beat on the second goal, although it was a 2-on-1 play. Now let’s see how he comes out in the 2nd, because his consistency has always been a large black spot on his scouting reports. But so far, so good.
I agree, he has looked pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad