Value of: 2017 1st to Detroit

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Take Girardi or Staal and we'll give you our 1st

Staal walks into our dressing room as the second best D-man after Green. I mean the Rangers aren't going to do that, but that is the state of the Wings D, those guys are big upgrades here, especially since DeKeyser career has fallen off a cliff the last two years.

The Wings are going to be right near the cap themselves though, so all of this contract dumping attempted here isn't really realistic for Detroit either. Unless they can dump a few of their own.

I would do the Nyquist for Brouwer and a 1st swap proposed. I don't want to enter another season with both Nyquist and Tatar on the team. I know they had a nice run down the stretch with Zetterberg but I think we need one of those two guys gone they are too similar.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit after the Expansion Draft retains 2 million on Mike Green, So Mike Green for $4 million for 1 year to the Edmonton Oilers for their #22 pick something like that is what we would be seeking. Tatar or Nyquist only get moved for top 4 LHD/RHD Along with other pieces of course..

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
We don't have any cap wiggle room for cap dumps.

Mantha should be untouchable unless a top pairing potential defenseman is in the works.

@OP, why do you want a first in that range? Whom are you thinking will be available or are you thinking about using that first + 9 OA to trade up and acquire someone?

A player I want in that range. Don't want to move up with the pick.

Also, a trade like this will likely drop term or cap hit.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I've been interested in Tatar/Nyquist as. a Flyers fan and would have moved the 13th pick for one of them. Not sure if there's a fit now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad