2017/18 World Junior Championship U20

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I can't believe how little McLeod is relied on as a returning player. He should be a main guy.

Could still be a valuable piece going forward, but I don't know. Don't think he'll be any kind of scorer at the next level.
I actually think this is the game where he's being relied on the most. He's been out against one of the Swedish top lines quite a bit.

I've always agreed that it's strange how he's been used in the tournament so far.

Reactions: HBK27

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He's got a real quick release. Looks a good player.

Little disappointed Boqvist hasn't been more involved, but he's got obvious talent.
Boqvist has been moving the puck pretty well tonight, but he hasn't had a great tournament. Injuries have really done a number on his season so far, hopefully he can catch up in the 2nd half.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Boqvist has been moving the puck pretty well tonight, but he hasn't had a great tournament. Injuries have really done a number on his season so far, hopefully he can catch up in the 2nd half.

Yeah hes had a disappointing tournament for sure. Not sure how much of that is related to just coming off injury. Either way, you can definitely see a lot of skill there, he is just super raw. Also obviously needs to add some meat on. But those are the types of guys you watch extensively and take a shot at bc you think you can tap that potential upside.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah hes had a disappointing tournament for sure. Not sure how much of that is related to just coming off injury. Either way, you can definitely see a lot of skill there, he is just super raw. Also obviously needs to add some meat on. But those are the types of guys you watch extensively and take a shot at bc you think you can tap that potential upside.
He had only played 8 games this year before the tournament and got hurt during the tournament. I can't imagine he was performing at 100%.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
What I liked from Boqvist's game was that he was much more assertive and willing to battle along the boards then I thought he would be. Considering that was, apparently, one of his biggest weaknesses and something he had to improve on if he wanted to be a real NHL player I was pleasently surprised with his compete level in those areas. He's not like Nico or Bratt but he held his own. And his skill was of course apparent.

Still one of my favourite picks from that draft aside from Nico of course. Zetterlund looked good too, agree with the Palms comparisons.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Was rooting for Sweden, but good for McLeod for winning gold and being on the ice for the GWG.

Decent, but not great tournament for our prospects. Still, a big improvement for NJ for the number of prospects we sent and the overall performance. Future looks good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad