2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
my prediction now for league finals.....

Kelowna VS Portland in the west

and

a rematch of Regina VS Lethbridge in the East

Cant wait for the season to start!!!!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well, we will at least have Josh Anderson back for the home opener. First ever banner raising in PG! So excited, should be a great night.

Also, for the STH's out there...do you get a package or any kind of goodies? This thought came to me looking at the mainboards and seeing what NHL STH's get. Just wondering if any WHL teams throw in anything cool for being a STH.

I know the Cougars aren't even giving out tickets for STH's anymore - it will be like a bank/credit card, and they will just scan it for each home game. Kind of cool actually. I actually ended up getting season tickets as I can write them off, but have yet to receive my little package for being a STH.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Excited for it all to start. Hoping for Skinner to be more consistent and to play like he did in the playoffs against Medicine Hat all season. Also excited to see how Dylan Cozens can build on his excellent playoffs. Hopefully Giorgio Estephan can follow in Tyler Wong's steps as one of the best 20 year olds in the league. Finally hoping to see Jordy Bellerive build off his fantastic training camp for Pittsburgh and become an offensive leader for the Hurricanes.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Well, we will at least have Josh Anderson back for the home opener. First ever banner raising in PG! So excited, should be a great night.

Also, for the STH's out there...do you get a package or any kind of goodies? This thought came to me looking at the mainboards and seeing what NHL STH's get. Just wondering if any WHL teams throw in anything cool for being a STH.

I know the Cougars aren't even giving out tickets for STH's anymore - it will be like a bank/credit card, and they will just scan it for each home game. Kind of cool actually. I actually ended up getting season tickets as I can write them off, but have yet to receive my little package for being a STH.

https://imgur.com/a/TgRlk

This is what I received with my season tickets. And after four years of tickets, they put me in row five instead of four. I got it fixed for the exhibition game, picked up my tickets yesterday and was back in five. So I still have the card for discounts at the store and concession, but I also have a stack of regular tickets, in my normal seat.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
https://imgur.com/a/TgRlk

This is what I received with my season tickets. And after four years of tickets, they put me in row five instead of four. I got it fixed for the exhibition game, picked up my tickets yesterday and was back in five. So I still have the card for discounts at the store and concession, but I also have a stack of regular tickets, in my normal seat.

I think I have to go pick mine up tomorrow. I'll definitely be using those food vouchers/coupons. :laugh: Last year it was A&W on the back of tickets and I used the hell out of those after games. :laugh:

Opening night...is....sooo....close. :popcorn:

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I think I have to go pick mine up tomorrow. I'll definitely be using those food vouchers/coupons. :laugh: Last year it was A&W on the back of tickets and I used the hell out of those after games. :laugh:

Opening night...is....sooo....close. :popcorn:

10% off at the concession is a terrible idea. I'm going to eat so much salty popcorn.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Brennan Menell signed with Minny, so most likely he's not coming back. The Hurricanes filled his spot by trading a third rounder for Tate Olson. Is he any good?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Brennan Menell signed with Minny, so most likely he's not coming back. The Hurricanes filled his spot by trading a third rounder for Tate Olson. Is he any good?

He's decent. He's able to QB a PP. I wasn't his biggest fan. He's decent defensively but likely will need a more reliable partner. I'm happy PG decided to trade him and keep their other older players as I don't think Olson's game justifies itself by keeping him as a 20 year old.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I've seen Olson a few times in Victoria and my overall impression was "meh"

Seemed okay for a WHL dman, but didn't do anything flashy or made him stand out. If he wasn't drafted by the Canucks, I doubt I would've really noticed him out there.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Another tough loss for P.G. tonight. This team needs to pull their act together soon.

Not even the slightest bit surprised. Goaltending will be the killer this season. They outshot Seattle, with Seattle only having 22 shots yet lose 5-1. Bad goaltending, and bad offense is not a good combo. PG will be lucky to be in contention for 8th seed once Xmas hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad