Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I would be surprised if he signs before his junior year. I'm thinking that, similar to Johnny they will push hard to get him to sign after his junior year. Give him an extra year to build up his strength and build on his defensive play. The question marks come down to his size and how well his defensive game will translate.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't finish his college career. People don't go to Harvard without athletic scholarships just to leave without a degree.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I'd be surprised if he doesn't finish his college career. People don't go to Harvard without athletic scholarships just to leave without a degree.

I'm thinking that he'll likely finish his degree the same way that Johnny did. It's not terribly difficult to finish off a degree in your senior year through part time/summer credits if you front load a bit.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'm thinking that he'll likely finish his degree the same way that Johnny did. It's not terribly difficult to finish off a degree in your senior year through part time/summer credits if you front load a bit.
Schools like Harvard don't cater to student-athletes like schools like BC, it is a completely different beast.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Lol Edmonton at 21

:laugh: Wrecks the HFOil narrative that our prospect pool sucks.

I like that placement though for our pool, we have lots of defensive and goaltending depth, forwards could be a lot better but most of our impact forwards on the big squad are still young so that cancels it out.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
:laugh: Wrecks the HFOil narrative that our prospect pool sucks.

I like that placement though for our pool, we have lots of defensive and goaltending depth, forwards could be a lot better but most of our impact forwards on the big squad are still young so that cancels it out.

What's cool is that they had us ranked in the same spot last year before Tkachuk graduated. Even though we don't have a blue chip guy in the mix anymore, a lot of our second tier prospects took huge leaps to give us a better rounded pool.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Minnesota, Ottawa should be higher. Other than that it's pretty good. Don't know how Arizona can't have #1 overall. Their pool is ridiculous.

I think the Flames are appropriately ranked. Top 5 in D and G. Bottom 5-10 forwards.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
What's cool is that they had us ranked in the same spot last year before Tkachuk graduated. Even though we don't have a blue chip guy in the mix anymore, a lot of our second tier prospects took huge leaps to give us a better rounded pool.

We just had some great second and third round picks of late. That's where teams that are solid in drafting really make ground.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-best-farm-systems-2017-ranking/

They have the Flames ranked as the 8th best farm system.

About where I would rank us. Any pool with Jankowski / Parsons / Kylington as its top three pieces, plus Valimaki / Andersson as the next two, and legitimate NHL-quality pieces down to the ~25th spot should be top ten. Easily.

But I'm just a Flames prospect homer :sarcasm:

As for other teams... Philly deserves their placement, their pool was about at our level before the draft, and then they go and add Nolan Patrick. Winnipeg is too high, they should be bottom fifteen as their pool is grossly overrated. I'd probably have Arizona over Tampa, but I can see the argument.

OlWpgJet

Oct 27, 2002
Visit site
I see your point, Harvard is one of the best academically.I think I could see it going either way, finishing it out or leaving early. If or how he rocks the hockey world in the next year....or two might determine whether he leaves early or not or how much pressure the Flames put to get him signed early. If Hobey Baker material next year, then you never know, maybe sign after the season. If he still needs seasoning, then perhaps he goes the distance.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Karnaukhov signed a 3 year contract with CSKA Moskva, the Flames will likely file the requisite paperwork to have him declared a defected player (as they have reportedly done with Rafikov) which will give them his rights indefinitely.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Karnaukhov signed a 3 year contract with CSKA Moskva, the Flames will likely file the requisite paperwork to have him declared a defected player (as they have reportedly done with Rafikov) which will give them his rights indefinitely.

From the (incredibly little) I know about Karnaukhov, this is too bad, he seemed like he had some promising skill. Rafikov I could literally not care less about

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I have gone ahead and removed Karnaukhov and Rafikov from the OP as I highly doubt either ever plays a game for the Flames organization

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

This is really awesome to see.
Can't wait to see what Emile can do this year, really had high hopes for the kid.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015

This is really awesome to see.
Can't wait to see what Emile can do this year, really had high hopes for the kid.

Fricken love McGratten. My favourite goal ever was his rocket slap shot against the nucks from centre ice. Because who it was, where it was from and who it was against. Hope the Flames hire him as a life coach for the young guys. He's the epitome of been there done that.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Fricken love McGratten. My favourite goal ever was his rocket slap shot against the nucks from centre ice. Because who it was, where it was from and who it was against. Hope the Flames hire him as a life coach for the young guys. He's the epitome of been there done that.

Me too. For a while I'd get every sixth or seventh home game about 4 rows up from the ice, right beside the aisle closest to the Flames bench. At least once each game he'd go for his little skate that he did during TV timeouts, and I'd make sure to give him a salute, and he'd always smile and nod. It was great.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Culkin & Morrison have signed AHL deals. Culkin a two-way AHL/ECHL deal with the Tucson Roadrunners and Morrison an AHL deal with the Chicago Wolves, unsure if it is two-way or not.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Anyone else watching Canada-Finland right now? Going to overtime; Dube's got an assist and Phillips has a pair of goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->