Mississauga
Oshawa
Peterborough
Barrie - see Guelph
Hamilton
Sudbury
Ottawa
Kingston

Niagara - on paper they should be higher but something about management makes me think not
North Bay

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Look back at Mississauga last year... They were last place in the East close to Christmas and ended up finishing 1st easily and making it to the OHL final

and 50% of that climb was the east itself being bad. if they started like that in the west they would have only climbed to mid pack, no where near making it to finals.

important to not bury yourself in the west. especially if you are in the midwest where a good chunk of your games are vs the best division in probably all of junior hockey

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
East

Mississauga
Peterborough
Oshawa
Hamilton
Kingston
Barrie
Ottawa
North Bay

Niagara
Sudbury

I see a repeat from the east this year when compared to the west. the eastern teams that will win the 40-45 games will do so because they get to play the east all year. The only team i can see winning the OHL from the east is Missy, and that will depend on who they get back and if they buy big, which they should. Oshawa is too young and lack firepower imo. sure they could finish 1st in the weaker east but if they were in the west i see a 4-5 seeded team.

West

Owen Sound
SSM
Kitchener
London
Guelph
Sarnia
Erie
Saginaw

Windsor
Flint

London ends up selling a bit, OS goes all in, Kitchener buys 1/2 bigger pieces. Erie waits until jan. to sell raddysh/sambrook allowing them to finish 7th. windsor will need to be carried by dipietro because other than vilardi they have no offense. and as much as he is capable, will be alot harder when your offense cant sustain pressure or score consistently

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why so low on Hamilton? Are their defense and goaltending issues that much an issue? Or is it the depth of their division?

Defence is definitely not an issue. I doubt goal tending is too. The fact they were not a top 3 team in a weak eastern conference might be the biggest reason posters are low on Hamilton. And yeah, the east division is pretty good. Just a distant 2nd best to the mid-west.
IMO, they are the team to beat until the Petes make a move for a D

Last edited:

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Lots of hate for the Wolves so far. If they can shore up their defence they could be challenging for home ice in the playoffs.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
East
Petes
Miss
Oshawa
Hammer
Kingston
Ottawa
Barrie
Wolves
Niagara
North Bay

West
SSM
OS
Knights
Kitchener
Spirit
Guelph
Flint
Sarnia
Erie
Spits-Just like Erie the cupboards are bare and both are sellers to help replenish drart picks.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
East

Mississauga
Peterborough
Oshawa
Hamilton
Kingston
Barrie
Ottawa
North Bay

Niagara
Sudbury

I see a repeat from the east this year when compared to the west. the eastern teams that will win the 40-45 games will do so because they get to play the east all year. The only team i can see winning the OHL from the east is Missy, and that will depend on who they get back and if they buy big, which they should. Oshawa is too young and lack firepower imo. sure they could finish 1st in the weaker east but if they were in the west i see a 4-5 seeded team.

West

Owen Sound
SSM
Kitchener
London
Guelph
Sarnia
Erie
Saginaw

Windsor
Flint

London ends up selling a bit, OS goes all in, Kitchener buys 1/2 bigger pieces. Erie waits until jan. to sell raddysh/sambrook allowing them to finish 7th. windsor will need to be carried by dipietro because other than vilardi they have no offense. and as much as he is capable, will be alot harder when your offense cant sustain pressure or score consistently

This make me laugh. Sudbury in the basement. Come on dude do your homework.

WJ

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
WEST

Owen Sound
Soo
London
Kitchener
Flint
Sarnia
Guelph
Saginaw
Erie
Windsor

EAST

Mississauga
Hamilton
Oshawa
Peterborough
Barrie
Ottawa
Niagara
Kingston
North Bay
Sudbury

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Updated East:

Miss - unless McLoed sticks in NJ
Hamilton
Peterborough
Sudbury
Oshawa
NB
Barrie
Kingston
Ottawa
Niagara

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oh Sheila! just like the song. You are so wrong.

WJ

You better hope Sudbury doesn't have a bad year or you're going to look really silly for commenting on everyone's opinion in this thread as if they were asking for your permission to think or something

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
West
Sault Ste. Marie
Owen Sound
Kitchener
London
Flint
Guelph
Saginaw
Sarnia
Erie
Windsor

East
Mississauga
Oshawa
Peterborough
Barrie
Hamilton
Ottawa
Niagara
Sudbury
Kingston
North Bay

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
You better hope Sudbury doesn't have a bad year or you're going to look really silly for commenting on everyone's opinion in this thread as if they were asking for your permission to think or something

The Gennies better not get too over confident on their placing. Sudbury is a better team than last season. I think you could say we are one overage away from knocking off the Generals.:nod::handclap:

WJ

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
With McGill leaving tells me too early to predict these things but what the Hey:)

West
Owen Sound - they will find a goalie
Soo - likely the best in the west again this year
London - more points than the Soo but it is the division thing
Kitchener - not a surprise to me but it might be to others
Windsor - just enough quality players to maintain 5th - WR is too competative to trade.
Guelph - they are ready to make a move - some trades to come
Sarnia - could finish higher but coaching is an issue
Erie - still something left like Windsor to keep them in the playoffs.
Flint - They have potential but it will be a step backwards this year - next year they will be a force.
Saginaw - one more year of retooling and then they will be in the upper group but like Flint need one more year.

East
Peterbo - this will be their year with moves
Missy - could be first but there are some holes
Oshawa - not going to be shocked if they finish higher
Sudbury - big things a foot up north
Kingston - might even be 4th again
Hamilton - now it gets foggy 4th thru 6th could flop a bit
Barrie - lots of young talent
Ottawa - a little hard to read their future but they could be the biggest unknow in the east.
N Bay - sorry Stan but even you can't will this team into the playoffs this year
N Ice dogs - could be wrong on this one but like Flint and Saginaw they need one more year before they contend again.

Sure glad we don't bet anything on these predictions after last years crash.
After reading Brock's predictions I have to agree with him about the Soo - They have lots of games against the weak west, Sarnia, Windsor, Flint and Saggy will yield lots of points to the Soo along with their extra games against the Wolves - makes sense to predict them finishing first in the conference. Also think I have Windsor a bit high, probably a homer thing so more likely they finish in the bottom 4. As always let the best teams win or if not give the victories to Windsor.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
OS
SSM
London
Kitchener
Saginaw

That's all I'll predict.

Last edited:

Nyax

Oct 2, 2008
Parts Unknown