Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 7

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm hoping Yzerman pulls some magic and signs Miller. It seems unlikely but we'll have to wait and see.

Wonder if maybe Yzerman moves Johnson or Palat at the draft. Hopefully he moves Sustr for a pick too.

Why is it unlikely we sign Miller? We have the cap for it next year. Someone will need to go though after or before next season between Miller, Johnson, Palat, Killorn and Callahan. Sustr is a UFA, I highly doubt we get anything for his rights.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Why is it unlikely we sign Miller? We have the cap for it next year. Someone will need to go though after or before next season between Miller, Johnson, Palat, Killorn and Callahan. Sustr is a UFA, I highly doubt we get anything for his rights.

With Kuch, Point and Gourde getting paydays coming up and having Johnson, Palat and Killorn on the books gotta think we can't really afford to give Miller much :dunno:

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Johnson is the best bet to get moved during the draft. Hopefully Yzerman can dump Coburn somewhere far away from here.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With Kuch, Point and Gourde getting paydays coming up and having Johnson, Palat and Killorn on the books gotta think we can't really afford to give Miller much :dunno:

They all aren't due till 2019-2020 So we can afford Miller next year. We can sign him, unless someone wants to pay a ton for his rights, and try to trade someone in the next year before we need to resign those 3. No need to not resign the guy when we have the cap for next season. Worry about a crunch when it comes, not now when there isn't one.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Put Cirelli with Gourde... screw offensive balance the 4th line isn't going to score regularly with anyone on there, just keep it an effective checking line - Coop overthinking again. Top offensive guys in the top-9, get Erne out of there.

Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Point-Johnson
Killorn-Cirelli-Gourde
Kunitz-Paquette-Erne/Callahan

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Gourde being on 4th line is surprising. In last few weeks, I don't think Kunitz has played all that well and it could be a way for Cooper to try and jump start Kunitz again.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I'm concerned that Cooper is concerned. I bet he knows his job is on the line. It would be an epic choke job to lose in the 1st round.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm still mad nobody responded to Hedman getting shoved into the boards.

Now this is something that has bothered me for a long time. We rarely stick up for our own guys. We will for Vasi every night thats different but a cheap play like that somebody should have come out and decked Domi for that. Just tired of seeing things like that. Although I think about it a little more and maybe guys dont want to injure themselves in a fight but still cant wimp out like that.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Now this is something that has bothered me for a long time. We rarely stick up for our own guys. We will for Vasi every night thats different but a cheap play like that somebody should have come out and decked Domi for that. Just tired of seeing things like that. Although I think about it a little more and maybe guys dont want to injure themselves in a fight but still cant wimp out like that.

Vladdy used to be the guy who would handle that sort of thing and nobody’s stepped up since he left.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Vladdy used to be the guy who would handle that sort of thing and nobody’s stepped up since he left.

I remember Boyle was good in that role too. Going from him to Vladdy though wtf? Vladdy could barely take care of himself on the ice. However he was a feisty player for how big he was and he never backed down. For that he had my respect. I kind of thought Erne had that in his game but maybe hes not experienced enough yet. Would rather develop other parts of his game fist. Understandable in your first real season in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad