Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sakic is really setting up the Avs for a bright future.

Last year we get Kerfoot, Lewis signed as free agents. On top of a solid draft that included Makar and Timmins. This year he gets Shyvrev to sign an ELC, when it was looking like Russia was his path.

What I'm liking the most is we are actually attracting young talented players as free agents. It looks like talent young guys want to be part of that fun we started building last season.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Probably not a future NHL player, most don't make it anyway, but the organization is trending in the right direction.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Probably not a future NHL player, most don't make it anyway, but the organization is trending in the right direction.

tenor.gif

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I know literally nothing about Shyv, can any one tell me what to expect here? Is he more of a two-way player or what does he bring to the table? I looked at his points and nothing to write home about. Maybe it’s a foreshadowing for the draft and Sakic is just practicing his Russian for when we bring over the next Taro or Kuzy

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know literally nothing about Shyv, can any one tell me what to expect here? Is he more of a two-way player or what does he bring to the table? I looked at his points and nothing to write home about. Maybe it’s a foreshadowing for the draft and Sakic is just practicing his Russian for when we bring over the next Taro or Kuzy

Que? He had one of the best MHL seasons ever the year we drafted him and his production the year before was around what MHL kids who get drafted in the 1st round put up.

Anyways, Shvyryov has excellent hands, a nasty shot, and is a very clever player who you want to drive the action for his line. His skating is good, though not special, and he's got good size even though he is no behemoth. Top 6 potential is real for Shvyry, as he successfully uses his hands & instincts against the puck as well as with it, being a good two-way player.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Que? He had one of the best MHL seasons ever the year we drafted him and his production the year before was around what MHL kids who get drafted in the 1st round put up.

Anyways, Shvyryov has excellent hands, a nasty shot, and is a very clever player who you want to drive the action for his line. His skating is good, though not special, and he's got good size even though he is no behemoth. Top 6 potential is real for Shvyry, as he successfully uses his hands & instincts against the puck as well as with it, being a good two-way player.

Sorry went to hockey DB Igor Shvyrev hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com and they only had his KHL numbers so I was very confused haha.

Thank you for the synopsis!

Reactions: cgf

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Timmins and Greyhounds are playing game six vs Hamilton right now.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jeez Timmy keep your head up crossing into the middle like that. Can we not have another concussion problem with a promising prospect. It seemed to really derail Bigras, and it ruined Hishon. Hopefully Timmins recovers and they hold him out until he's 100%.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Timmins injured again? I wonder if this changes the BPA in a DMen Rich Draft. AVs can choose a Sniper next draft.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Timmins injured again? I wonder if this changes the BPA in a DMen Rich Draft. AVs can choose a Sniper next draft.
Form the looks of mocks it looks like the Avs pick is falling into another tier where all the worthy D prospects are gone and selecting one would be a major reach... so a normal draft year for the Avs.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Form the looks of mocks it looks like the Avs pick is falling into another tier where all the worthy D prospects are gone and selecting one would be a major reach... so a normal draft year for the Avs.

Still plenty of DMen options at 16, just don’t want another undersized player.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Still plenty of DMen options at 16, just don’t want another undersized player.
So Reina Tamaño, it looks like Dahlin (duh), Boosh, and Dobby will be gone by 16 and McIssac dropping, what blue liner meets your height supremicist ideals that could be reasonably considered at that slot?

Bode Wilde is the only one springing to mind right now.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So Reina Tamaño, it looks like Dahlin (duh), Boosh, and Dobby will be gone by 16 and McIssac dropping, what blue liner meets your height supremicist ideals that could be reasonably considered at that slot?

Bode Wilde is the only one springing to mind right now.

Well if we were to swing for the fences as others have suggested then he'd be an excellent pick. One of the highest ceiling in the draft mainly due to size/shot/skating combo.

Doubt he'll be available at #16 though.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well if we were to swing for the fences as others have suggested then he'd be an excellent pick. One of the highest ceiling in the draft mainly due to size/shot/skating combo.

Doubt he'll be available at #16 though.
He's got some consistency issues defensively, but his tools are extremely exciting. Would be worth it at 16 to hope he can iron out his defensive game, because he certainly has everything else you could want in a young D. Think he's gone though, after the top 10 go he'll have a high enough ceiling that somebody between 11-15 will run to the podium for him.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->