2017-18 Playoff Watch

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Nashville is just salivating at the thought of playing us over the Blues.
I think it will be a cakewalk for Nashville no matter who they play, Avs or Blues. It will start getting difficult for them in the 2nd round

Reactions: McMetal

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I have only watched a few games with the Avs feed, my ears start bleeding after a game or two. However, tonight is a must watch. The amount of salt, tears and those pathetic goal calls will be hilarious if the Blues win. Then again the amount of joy if the Avs win will be almost as laughable.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Blues never put up any type of resistance in the playoffs. If you look up choke in dictionary, it's the Blues logo in the NHL playoffs column.
You sure about that. I thought it had the Caps logo. :)

Injuries and cold streaks have put a huge damper on what was shaping up to be a unbelievable season. Even so, it has been a great season. Only a few of us thought the Avs had a real shot at a playoff spot in training camp. Most of us had them pegged for a modest improvement, in the 65-75 point range. Many of us had them in the bottom 10 again. We were almost all wrong, and the Avs have taken huge steps forward already. There is plenty to be wary of for next year, but I also think there is reason for cautious optimism.

And we still have a shot at bonus games. Don't really care how far they make it (meaning I wont be mad evenif they get swept first round....will of course be rooting for wins every single game). But to me, the right attitude going into this is that every playoff game is a bonus this year, not an expectation.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Tonight will be big boy hockey. We will see what our top line is made of. Kinda crazy, if you had asked me last year if I had to hope for a one game win, I would be wringing my hands over the D-men....Tonight, I'm just hoping the top line will give Bernier a goal up front to work on. He'll shut it down from there. I'm happy with him in net. Go AVS!!!

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
If the Avs miss the playoffs because game goes into Overtime then Kroenke should sue the NHL for loss revenue for the value of 2 home playoff games. Simple as that. When the NHL realized they made a mistake months ago they should have restarted the game from the goal for another day the next time Blues/Avs played. Who wouldn't enjoy 8 minutes of free hockey before watching a new game.

If the dust settles tonight and Avs are out, if any of you know Kroenke put him in contact with me. I am a lawyer in Florida and DC but ill gladly Pro Hac Vic to stick it to the NHL for screwing up yet again.

In all seriousness though, Kroenke needs to do something if this happens. Maybe the NHL will cough up a Compensation pick or something.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If the Avs miss the playoffs because game goes into Overtime then Kroenke should sue the NHL for loss revenue for the value of 2 home playoff games. Simple as that. When the NHL realized they made a mistake months ago they should have restarted the game from the goal for another day the next time Blues/Avs played. Who wouldn't enough 8 minutes of free hockey before watching a new game.

If the dust settles tonight and Avs are out, if any of you know Kroenke put him in contact with me. I am a lawyer in Florida and DC but ill gladly Pro Hac Vic to stick it to the NHL for screwing up yet again.

In all seriousness though, Kroenke needs to do something if this happens. Maybe the NHL will cough up a Compensation pick or something.
You can't be serious...really?

This game has always come down to how the on-ice officials view the game at hand. There's not a chance in hell Stan would attempt to sue the NHL. I hate and loathe the officiating as much as most but it is what it is. I wouldn't expect it to change unless a new CBA requires game debriefs to become public. That would be awesome for me as a fan, but I can't imagine the refs to ever go for it. I do hope that we got some more consistency in future years but yeah....whatever, teams need to know who it is calling a game and play by their rule book. Teams scout players, the need to start scouting refs as well.

Reactions: cgf

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
If the Avs miss the playoffs because game goes into Overtime then Kroenke should sue the NHL for loss revenue for the value of 2 home playoff games. Simple as that. When the NHL realized they made a mistake months ago they should have restarted the game from the goal for another day the next time Blues/Avs played. Who wouldn't enjoy 8 minutes of free hockey before watching a new game.

There are so many things to like about this post, not least of which is a pro hac vice reference.

Since we're down in the weeds here and have nearly 12 hours to kill, the NHL's constitution likely has an arbitration clause. :popcorn:

Reactions: expatriated_texan

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
You can't be serious...really?

This game has always come down to how the on-ice officials view the game at hand. There's not a chance in hell Stan would attempt to sue the NHL. I hate and loathe the officiating as much as most but it is what it is. I wouldn't expect it to change unless a new CBA requires game debriefs to become public. That would be awesome for me as a fan, but I can't imagine the refs to ever go for it. I do hope that we got some more consistency in future years but yeah....whatever, teams need to know who it is calling a game and play by their rule book. Teams scout players, the need to start scouting refs as well.

I am serious, and I would even do it pro Bono if if Stan took me serious. It would have been so easy for the NHL to restart the game from that blown call. I was wrong there was 3 minutes left. They could have played 3 minutes before any of the next two meetings with each other. Instead though the NHL just said "ehhh f it"

PS Yes it is the way the on-ice officials view game at hand, and this instance the on ice officials missed the offside, play continued, on re-entry everyone was on side and the NHL read the rule wrong and blew the call. No excuse. They should have corrected their mistake.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
200w.gif

Reactions: cgf and 5280

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
There are so many things to like about this post, not least of which is a pro hac vice reference.

Since we're down in the weeds here and have nearly 12 hours to kill, the NHL's constitution likely has an arbitration clause. :popcorn:

Haven't followed one second of the concussion lawsuit, was their a binding arbitration or mediation clause in that?

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Blues never put up any type of resistance in the playoffs. If you look up choke in dictionary, it's the Blues logo in the NHL playoffs column.
Its has certainly been a lot more than what the Avs have done for some while now. Besides the Avs are just a weaker team at the moment that has relied on one line for a full season, now that line has gone cold and the team looks garbage.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You sure about that. I thought it had the Caps logo.
Pick one from each conference I guess. Its Caps in east Blues in west, although I believe Caps do put up alot more fight in the playoffs than Blues do.

Reactions: Tweaky

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It will suck if this amazing season ends tonight and puts a sour note on what was otherwise a raging success by any measure. I would hope (likely in vain) that people would remember that none of us expected to make the playoffs in October anyway and we only set a new goal for playoffs a few months ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad