2017-18 Playoff Watch

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
It would be the most Avs thing in the world if the Blues win tonight and then tomorrow, the Avs are up a goal late only for the Blues to tie it up and then lose in overtime but still go to the playoffs

Yup... Occam's razor .. it'll happen after 8 minutes of turtle-ling,, and be deflected in by Z's rear end.

And then in OT, STL will pull the goalie and allow us to have a breakaway just to troll us.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
We lucked out with Keith winning the game for the Hawks on Wednesday. Please don't waste it tomorrow.

It's fan appreciation night, you're playing at home, The Can should be rocking... please come back to life and give us a great game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup... Occam's razor .. it'll happen after 8 minutes of turtle-ling,, and be deflected in by Z's rear end.

And then in OT, STL will pull the goalie and allow us to have a breakaway just to troll us.
Lmao if that happens I'd laugh. Can't even deny it. That'd be one of the best troll jobs in hockey history.

Reactions: cgf

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

As a preds fans who is pulling for you tomorrow, if the Blues were to actually do that youd go to the playoffs. I'm pretty sure pulling your goalie in OT makes you forfeit the loser point if you lose.

Reactions: cgf

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
As a preds fans who is pulling for you tomorrow, if the Blues were to actually do that youd go to the playoffs. I'm pretty sure pulling your goalie in OT makes you forfeit the loser point if you lose.

That would be like signing someone to an offer sheet and not knowing you're going to have to put him on waivers.

Reactions: Avalanche and cgf

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com

Shhhhh ... don't tell Yeo that

Hoping if it goes to OT, STL celebrate and to avoid injury, they pull the goal and let us score right away... not knowing of that rule

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's why it would be the most hilarious thing ever :naughty:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We've been saying stuff like if Avs can't win they don't deserve being in the playoffs for a while now after they blew so many chances to pull ahead in the race. Well tomorrow if they can't beat the team they are chasing for the last chance, and playing a team that played the night before and had to travel, and a home game as well, they truly don't deserve being in the playoffs or even this close.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
We've been saying stuff like if Avs can't win they don't deserve being in the playoffs for a while now after they blew so many chances to pull ahead in the race. Well tomorrow if they can't beat the team they are chasing for the last chance, and playing a team that played the night before and had to travel, and a home game as well, they truly don't deserve being in the playoffs or even this close.

Nashville is just salivating at the thought of playing us over the Blues.

Reactions: hooverdam

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Lmao if that happens I'd laugh. Can't even deny it. That'd be one of the best troll jobs in hockey history.
hillariously enough, theres a rule that says if you pull your goalie in overtime, you forfeit the point for an overtime loss should you lose the game-- not even lying its an actual rule- it just never comes up

they wanted to discourage teams playing 4-3 to get an advantage or teams if on powerplay pulling their goalie to play a 5-3

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

if ypu pull your goalie in overtime, you forfeit the extra point if you lose- not kidding, they made it actual rule when going to 3vs 3 overtime.

they wanted to discourage teams overc9nfident pulling their goalie to play 4-3 last e0 sevonds to gain advantage or to prevent teams that gained a powerplay pulling goalie to get a 5-3

dont know if the scenario has ever happened where team pulled goalie in 3vs 3 overtime yet and forfeited point for loss- if it has i havent heard about it

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
if ypu pull your goalie in overtime, you forfeit the extra point if you lose- not kidding, they made it actual rule when going to 3vs 3 overtime.

they wanted to discourage teams overc9nfident pulling their goalie to play 4-3 last e0 sevonds to gain advantage or to prevent teams that gained a powerplay pulling goalie to get a 5-3

dont know if the scenario has ever happened where team pulled goalie in 3vs 3 overtime yet and forfeited point for loss- if it has i havent heard about it

Only way I could see it happening would be in a tie breaker situation where they absolutely need a ROW win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->