2017-18 OUA Men's Hockey Thread

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Watched most of the Carleton vs Ottawa game. Didn't realize that the Ravens were missing Brett Welychka (leading scorer past two seasons). Their power play was pretty abysmal. Of course Eric Locke is out for the Gee Gees as well. Wonder if he'll be back for McGill? I'm guessing not if he wasn't available for this game. Anthony Brodeur is probably going to have to stand on his head if they're to have a chance against the Redmen.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
Carleton is much better than Ottawa on paper - they have the talent to win the OUA East - but they lack discipline, and they were outcoached. They were shorthanded more than any other team in the OUA this season, which is a remarkable achievement for a top team.

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Tough series for Guelph. Curse of 1st place continues in West. Veteran York team took care of young Ryerson team.

Shields was excellent in Series and got timely goals from Petersen and Vannucci

Not having Mistele/Miller and injuries that Rams had hurt there chances

Reactions: Rob

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
York is veteran team who knows how to win in big games. I expect them beat Brock in West Final.

Should be interesting see what Ryerson does in off-season. I expect them add goalie, few D and forwards that has size and speed

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Watching this Concordia/Queen’s game and you can see why AUS teams are routinely way more penalized over the course of the season than OUA teams. Refs seem to be letting a lot go that would be called here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad