Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I was super high on Pokka as an islanders prospect. I thought he was a safe bet to be an NHL Defensman. He's still young and can still make it. I'm just surprised the Hawks are waiving him.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I was super high on Pokka as an islanders prospect. I thought he was a safe bet to be an NHL Defensman. He's still young and can still make it. I'm just surprised the Hawks are waiving him.

Yeah, at the time of his drafting he was seen as one of the best d-prospects out of Finland.. i even remember vets on his team in Liiga saying this kid will be good etc.

Since 13-14 he's been more or less spinning his wheels. Too slow for the NHL game skating-wise, and his head is probably a bit too slow too.

At this point in time i'd say his future is in the KHL (or somewhere else in Europe). The kid can be good on the bigger ice with more time to make decisions and the game slows down just enough for him in lesser leagues. But in terms of NHL, doesn't look like there's much upside.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
I could see a team taking a chance on Rodin but other than him I'd be surprised to see anyone picked up

Someone might have taken a chance on Holland if he was signed for only 1 year @ $1M. No one is going to claim a marginal player with 2 years left on a contract.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Montreal Canadiens have placed LW Daniel Carr and C Peter Holland on waivers.

I’ll be surprised if Carr clears.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Can't think of any teams that need a bottom 6 center. Maybe Pittsburgh, but I doubt they'd take Holland. He'll clear.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Holland is cheap but two years one way . He has a chance to get claimed

The thing is, if anyone claims him, they'd claim him for their NHL roster. If they wanted to send him down, they'd need to immediately waive him again. He's an okay option for the bottom 6, but just about every team has a few guys that can fill the role he does.

I think they'll both clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->