Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Holland being on waivers is strange if you consider the Rangers are supposed to be subtracting players

Reactions: uncleben85

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Holland being on waivers is strange if you consider the Rangers are supposed to be subtracting players
Could be more to it, if he clears, his value is that much higher in trade. Or maybe they want to give more opportunity to other guys .. like Lettieri or whomever

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I was thinking the same thing. If my memory is correct a team can't waive a player Monday because the rosters are frozen at 3 (EST).
Teams can still waive players, it's just that after the deadline they cannot loan players who were not on loan as of the deadline (with a small exception for players injured at that time). So waivers must be requested so that waiver eligible players can be sent down before the deadline, otherwise they would not be able to be sent down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
D**n - I thought they were trying to stop that. Traffic is way too busy around MSG for those guys to be loose.
You can say damn.

Inside an hour until new waiver news. Now, we should definitely get some action today. Teams need to get these players buried if there is anyone coming in.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Really? I thought there were filters.

I wonder if there will be action. We thought there might be a list yesterday but it was only Peter Holland's name on there.

You can say ass, too, just don't be an ass about it. ;)

As it turned out Holland was waived because Spooner was coming in. We only had 2 trades yesterday. We've got a lot more to go.

The Flyers should have Jori Lehtera on waivers. He's not going to get claimed because that would be insane, but it would help the Flyers if there's something going on out there with them.

Reactions: uncleben85

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Full list^

EDIT: forgot HF doesnt show the twitter thread, just the main post; it continues:

"Also on waivers: James O’Brien (OTT), Johnny Oduya (OTT), Mark Alt (PHI), John Muse (PHI), Chris Thorburn (STL)."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->