Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Jussi was really good when he was with the Pens but I guess that was 4 years ago and I honestly haven't seen him play this year but the numbers dont look pretty. I still wouldn't be upset if they took a flier on him.

He’s been terrible. We were hoping last year was a down year and that he’d bounce back, and worst case he stays as a 30 something point 3rd liner. It wasn’t a down year though. It’s a trend. I’m thrilled we were able to get Cammalleri for him. I really can’t see any GM who’s watched him this year taking a chance on him

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think someone will give Jokinen a chance. No big risk with so low cap hit right?

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Jussi was horrible for the Oilers; game in and game out, it just seemed like he couldn't make simple plays or skate at the NHL level

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
He’s been terrible. We were hoping last year was a down year and that he’d bounce back, and worst case he stays as a 30 something point 3rd liner. It wasn’t a down year though. It’s a trend. I’m thrilled we were able to get Cammalleri for him. I really can’t see any GM who’s watched him this year taking a chance on him

Speaking of which, how has Cammalleri been? I always liked him with the Flames.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I'm not clear on why Chaput was waived - is it because the 'nucks needed to open up a spot for a day or so?
They need a roster spot for Bo Horvat who returned from injury last night. Presumably they weren't 100% on Horvat ready for Sunday nights game so they held off on waiving Chaput in case they needed him, than designated him as non-roster once they were sure. At least that's my guess at it.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
They need a roster spot for Bo Horvat who returned from injury last night. Presumably they weren't 100% on Horvat ready for Sunday nights game so they held off on waiving Chaput in case they needed him, than designated him as non-roster once they were sure. At least that's my guess at it.
Makes sense - thanks Caley!

Reactions: caley

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tampa should definitely put a claim in, we lost two forwards on waivers already so are getting thin depth wise. Would allow us to return a player to the AHL. He's Swedish though and we've had an allergy to Swedish forwards for years.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Tampa should definitely put a claim in, we lost two forwards on waivers already so are getting thin depth wise. Would allow us to return a player to the AHL. He's Swedish though and we've had an allergy to Swedish forwards for years.
He is allergic to scoring and handling the puck, so it may balance out. But he loves wrap arounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad