GDT: 2017/18 NCAA Basketball discussion

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yeah, that's the main reason everyone remembers Deron. He wasn't bad, and obviously very athletic, but not close to the best Tech player even in that mediocre era. I think he may have been drafted based on that athleticism though. I don't closely follow the NBA, so I may be wrong on that.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
It's not The Citadel is it?

They are the only one I can think of thats never been. Northwestern made it last year and someone (Radford?) will be making their first appearance this year.

Edit: It's gotta be U of Maine judging by your location, didn't know they were division 1.

It's W&M. The Canes will be hockey-relevant again before the Tribe makes the NCAAs. :(

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Florida is either going out in the first round or going on a run to the Elite 8. There's no in-between with this team.

URI has a death bracket, so I'm just hoping they take out the fightin' Trae Young's and give Duke a game.
Can confirm that OU is a one-man show. Let him get his 35, hold the rest of the team to 30 or less, and it's an easy win.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I actually like Young, but the hype ESPN and co. gave him was just nauseating. The poor bastard will now be drafted by Sacramento or Orlando and never be heard from again, though.

On a side, URI needs to give Hurley whatever he wants to keep him away from UConn and Pitt. He can really build something special up here.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Trae Young might be the most overhyped Basketball prospect ever. He's one who should stay in school another year, but he won't and whoever picks him 1st overall will probably be disappointed.
Well, there's a lot of talk that he's not going to go first OA. Most people have him around #4-5, but he's still going to go pro believe you me. He's quite frankly nowhere near as hyped in the actual basketball world as he is in ESPN's basketball circles. It's one of the reasons that a lot of WVU people flat out couldn't stand him or ESPN this season, he wasn't even the best guard in the Big 12, both Graham and Carter were better. And yet ESPN would have had you believe he's a lock for national player of the year.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I actually like Young, but the hype ESPN and co. gave him was just nauseating. The poor bastard will now be drafted by Sacramento or Orlando and never be heard from again, though.

On a side, URI needs to give Hurley whatever he wants to keep him away from UConn and Pitt. He can really build something special up here.

You know the Kings owner is probably frothing at the mouth to draft him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad