GDT: 2017/18 NCAA Basketball discussion

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Did you know that college basketball season has started? It has, and here is where we will talk about it.

May everyones team be blessed with good fortunes except for yours. Which probably means Duke/State/UNC/Wake/ECU/South Carolina/Clemson/App State/West Virginia/Georgia Tech/Florida are all cursed this season. I think that covers everyone.

So go UNC-Charlotte 49ers I guess.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
One thing that's good about playing someone like Citadel early... Basically guaranteed 120 points scored in your favor. One bad thing, is that you'll probably give up 80, easy.

But with that said, after 2 games, the Hokies are 2nd nationally in points per game, and 8th overall in points scored. What's most impressive is that we're shooting 62% from the field on the season, good enough for 2nd overall. Why the sudden turnaround? Well, outside of the fact that the 2 opening games were Detroit Mercy and Citadel, we have KJ Blackshear back, solidifying the paint, and we have Chris Clarke back and healthy after tearing his ACL late last year. But most importantly, we have a freshman, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, who might be the best player we've had since Bimbo Coles. All this kid does is score, and with ease. If he's able to keep it up into ACC play, we could enter into legitimate conference contention.

Of course, all this high riding should come crashing down a month from tomorrow when we head to Rupp to take on Kentucky. Yeesh

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
NC State beating Arizona drowns out my sorrows of being a canes fans. It also makes me think that we could be #1 in the country at the end of the year as Keatts said the day before that he thought Arizona was #1 not duke. #Battle4Atlantis

.....or you could lose to Northern Iowa. Who's actually not bad, at least against the Tar Heels they showed well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->