XXXXX -- Krejci -- Pasta
Beleskey -- Backes -- XXXXXX
XXXXXXX -- Nash -- XXXXXXX

Can't believe what a difference 270 days make. Too bad Rask still sucks - lol

Rask sucks does he? Go soak your head

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I like your idea, but yesterday that 2nd line was Donato Krejci Heinen. Don't think Donato has played RW before but Heinen has. Not easy for a player to learn a new position

I don't think you should discount Cehlarik ability to make the lineup next season. You also never know how Frederic and Senyshyn develop from now to training camp. All in all Sweeney has done an unbelievable job in the short time he has been the GM
Oh, didn't realize, thought I saw him come down the right wing more, so I assumed.

Yeah, I think Seny will gets some looks come TC, but I fully expect Frederic gets the JFK/DeBrusk treatment and gets his year in the A. I like Cehlarik a lot, but I just can't see him unseating Heinen, DeBrusk, Donato, Bjork, Pasta, Marchand, Backes for a top 9 winger spot. But, you know (we ALL know) injuries happen. Apparently, you need 25 different forwards to suit up in a season now a days. o_O

Reactions: rocketdan9

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I like the idea of Backes on the 4th line with Kuraly and Schaller when everyone is healthy, they were a solid 3rd line last year in the playoffs and I think we have 3 more skilled RW and Centers than Backes. I can't believe I would put Riley Nash as a center over him but man has that guy done fantastic this year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not bad

What if you switch Heinen with Backes?

Kuraly and Backes have shown success in the past

No thank you.

I want Backes playing more than 4th line minutes in the playoffs. That's the time of year I expect even more from Backes. He was one of the best Bruin forwards in last years playoffs, and was for my money the best overall forward for St. Louis in the previous years playoffs.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Debrusk - Krejci - Rick Nash

Donato - Riley Nash - Heinen

Schaller - Kuraly - Backes

Extras: Wingels - Czarnik

Chara - McAvoy

Krug - Carlo

Grzelcyk - Miller

Extras: Holden, Zboril, McQuaid if he is healthy

Rask
Dobby
MacIntrye (get him some games just in case)

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
When the Bruins won the cup... you don't remember that lineup?

Marchand Bergeron Recchi
Lucic Krejci Horton
Peverly Kelly Ryder
Merlot line

unless you mean depth

I'm talking overall depth, like including this year's 13-15 forwards.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The Bruins are just not going to play Backes on the 4th line.

I think backes all round game means he gets more icetime... however, if other guys do step up then they will get rewarded

Whats lost in this though is try to remember there is only 1 puck. You cant dress 12 forwards who all need the puck to succeed.

The best lines are lines that excel at 200 foot game in all aspects

Backes combination of leadership and defense is going to be a great asset to help kids succeed in breaking into nhl.

I will predict he continues to get his 15-17 mins a night even if there are better offensive talents getting less icetime as they learn how to be winners

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Debrusk - Krejci - Rick Nash

Donato - Riley Nash - Heinen

Schaller - Kuraly - Backes

Extras: Wingels - Czarnik

Chara - McAvoy

Krug - Carlo

Grzelcyk - Miller

Extras: Holden, Zboril

Rask

MacIntrye
Where is McQuaid ?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like your idea, but yesterday that 2nd line was Donato Krejci Heinen. Don't think Donato has played RW before but Heinen has. Not easy for a player to learn a new position

I don't think you should discount Cehlarik ability to make the lineup next season. You also never know how Frederic and Senyshyn develop from now to training camp. All in all Sweeney has done an unbelievable job in the short time he has been the GM

Are you sure? It seemed like Donato constantly ended up on his offwing even if it wasn’t where he started, but I can’t remember clearly where he started.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I think how well Donato plays the next few games in Debrusk’s absence on the second line will be a big determining factor how the lines shake out.

Man if we resign Nash and our prospects come out guns a blazing in camp, our roster next year could be pretty amazing.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Donato-Krejci-Nash
Heinen-JFK-Backes
Debrusk-Frederic-Bjork
Kurlay, Cehlarik

Chara-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Krug-Zboril
Miller

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Where is McQuaid ?
Thought he was injured again, We may be better served to bring up MacIntryre and get his feet wet for a few games and rest Rask. In case of a goalie injury and Dobby becomes the guy if Tuukks gets injured. We have more then enough dee and forwards for the long run. If McQuaid is ok then he can help out, all the better.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Just spent some time on cap friendly looking at next 2 seasons... i think we can keep both nash boys

Giving 2 year deals... 5mill for rick... 3 mill for riley... we can fit it. Could they get more as ufa? Maybe... but if they stay we are possibly winning a couple cups. Check out this for depth chart

Heinen/bergeron/donato
Pastrnak/riley/marchand
Rick/krejci/debrusk
Backes/kuraly/bjork
Jfk/accari

Mcavoy/grzlyck
Carlo/chara
Krug/miller
Mcquaid

Rask
Khubodin

4 scoring lines all with decent defensive responsibility... enough size/grit... leadership... ton of young legs

Next offseason theres 4 rfa donato, mcavoy, carlo, heinen... we probably cant afford all 4 so likely heinen needs to get dealt and replaced by an elc like senyshyn, federic, whoever we draft this year... someone

Then 2020 we need to resign krug, debrusk, bjork... maybe grezlyk would deserve a raise but if both nash boys took 2 year deals we can let them go and keep the kids

Things could actually go pretty much unchanged here for 3 straight runs at a cup... give the kids time to gel together. Most our vets have at least a couple more years in them

It smells like a cup will be headed our way

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
IMO when all is healthy (and I'm sure I will change my mind 2-3 more times between now and end of season)

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Donato Krejci Rick Nash
Debrusk Riley Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Heinen/Acciari
Wingels Gionta

Chara McAvoy
Krug Miller
Grz Carlo
Holden Mcquaid

Rask
Dobby

Reactions: wintersej

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
With the way Marchand and Pastrnak have performed in the absence of Bergeron, I wouldn't mind seeing a different look. They are deep enough to spread it out.

DeBrusk-Bergeron-Nash
Marchand-Nash-Pastrnak
Donato-Krejci-Backes
Heinen-Kuraly-Gionta

As good as Schalller has been, I think Kuraly makes the 4th line go with his skating. Wingles and Schaller are pretty much the same player on opposite wings. You lose that PK presence, but you also added Rick Nash who thrives there and can be a real threat to go along with Marchand/Bergeron. Nash/Nash duo has to happen. Gionta and Donato are the two I would watch closest down the stretch. Gionta has cooled off as expected, but even at 39, probably offers more punch at both ends than any either of Acciari or Wingles.

I actually thought about nash and his strong defensive game with Bergeron too... I might try to give them a playmaker... I also think backes and kuraly have a lot of chemistry... I wouldn't call it a 4th line... id just call it 4 lines of depth

heinen/begeron/rick
marchand/riley/pastrnak
donato/krejci/debrusk
backes/kuraly/gionata

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So. I'm going to go into this assuming the following things...

1) 100% health
2) They got Nash to play with Krejci. Nash and Krejci are a pair.
3) 63/37/88 is set in stone
4) They want enough guys that can PK
5) They want a physical 4th line

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
XXX Krejci Nash
XXX Nash XXX
Schaller Kuraly XXX

You have Heinen, DeBrusk, Donato, Backes, Accari and Wingles fighting for those spots.

A kid (Heinen, DeBrusk, Donato) will be at LW on the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Then you need to decide between two options.

1) The remaining kid on his offwing next to Nash and Backes on the 4th.
2) Backes on the 3rd and the remaining kid in the press box.
3) A kid on the 4th, but really only DeBrusk fits that style.

But, here is the thing. They won't be 100% healthy for the entire playoffs. No one ever is. The great thing is that there are multiple different combos that can work on this team if and when people get banged up.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Totally healthy, I'm wondering if we take an "if it ain't broke approach" and run something like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Nash
Heinen-Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Donato

I keep Schaller in the line up, as he's currently our #2 forward in SH TOI.

Donato's been fun to watch his first two games, but the sample size is too small for me to already guarantee him a spot in a top 9 that has played very well this season when healthy. On that note, I'm not sure we see a 100% healthy lineup again this season. By the time we get a guy back, they'll have been ample opportunity to lose another, and in that case, Donato's place in the top 9 will work itself out.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
IMO when all is healthy (and I'm sure I will change my mind 2-3 more times between now and end of season)

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Donato Krejci Rick Nash
Debrusk Riley Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Heinen/Acciari
Wingels Gionta

Chara McAvoy
Krug Miller
Grz Carlo
Holden Mcquaid

Rask
Dobby

So, Donato gets a Top 6 spot and the 5th leading scorer on the team splits time on the 4th line?

Not sure I’m buying.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
This article was interesting, projecting the lineup. Holden over Carlo or McQuaid.

Patrice Bergeron is getting close to a return - The Boston Globe

The depth is crazy. To think that going into the POs, with everyone healthy, it may be 100% legit to sit players Heinen or DeBrusk or Donato.

I mean, we could almost replace the 4th line with two 3rd lines. It's great to have a great 4th line with guys like Acciari and Kuraly and Schaller, and they all play PK, but if it comes to choosing between Donato, Heinen, DeBrusk... it's kind of hard to sit any of those guys over Kuraly or Acciari. I like what those 4th liners bring though. Maybe there's a place for Heinen on the 4th? Or Donato?

And on D, Holden has been good. Carlo brings a lot, but is sometimes shaky. And I still feel there's a place for McQuaid on this team. He gets far too much undeserved criticism around here.

Wow. Tough decisions. But great depth for the battles ahead.

Reactions: bme44

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I think that Heinen, Debrusk and Donato (assuming that the latter continues to play well) all need to be in the post-season lineup.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Nash
Donato-Nash-Backes*
Heinen*-Kuraly-Wingels
Acciari, Schaller and Gionta

Chara--McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Miller
Holden, McQuaid

Rask
Dobby

*I would also like to see Backes and Heinen switch lines. Having Backes on the fourth line speaks to a very deep lineup.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
If everyone gets healthy enough to play, the next question is whether or not Donato continues to produce and look like he belongs. If he doesn't the lineup is easy. Stick with what works.

If he makes it so you just can't sit him, I think the best fit for the 4th line is either Backes or Riley Nash, and the other centers the third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->