Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 7 GOALIES, #2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's still open. But I wanted to get this going before starting the long weekend.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I was gonna go Sandstrom over Hart. I've seen Hart live against the Royals a few times and he looks fantastic. He gets on his knees a lot and tracks the puck with notable calm on poise much like Price, completely in control of his defence. He looks entirely different on a bigger stage still though and it's thrown me off for now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was gonna go Sandstrom over Hart. I've seen Hart live against the Royals a few times and he looks fantastic. He gets on his knees a lot and tracks the puck with notable calm on poise much like Price, completely in control of his defence. He looks entirely different on a bigger stage still though and it's thrown me off for now.

Yeah id like to see him put his nerves aside and have a big WJC.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I worry slightly about Hart's game as he progresses to facing better competition. Sandstrom has the better size and very athletic feet and legs.
I also wonder if Hart's intelligence is a double-edged sword; by all accounts he's very cerebral, but sometimes I worry about a goalie who thinks too much in pressure situations. (I'm willing to concede that may be a ridiculous concern on my part.)

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I worry slightly about Hart's game as he progresses to facing better competition. Sandstrom has the better size and very athletic feet and legs.
I also wonder if Hart's intelligence is a double-edged sword; by all accounts he's very cerebral, but sometimes I worry about a goalie who thinks too much in pressure situations. (I'm willing to concede that may be a ridiculous concern on my part.)

I don't think there are any crazy thoughts when it comes to goalie prospect. They are pretty much a crap shoot so who is to say who if your opinion is good or bad when even the pros seem to have a very tough time scouting goalies. Haha

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Stolarz should also get a similar landslide next poll. After than it gets a tad more interesting.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I kinda regret not voting Sandstrom in the 1st round. I think he could be better than Hart. He's very impressive and very quick. No shock or disappointment in Hart winning though.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Stolarz should also get a similar landslide next poll. After than it gets a tad more interesting.

I'll be shocked if it isn't Ustimenko after Stolarz. He's a fairly high pick that the Flyers specifically targeted.and has some insane stats. He looks to have considerable upside and is well thought of by the national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad