Sushko, Maxim ~ RW
Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
No love for poor Fazleev. This will be a really important year for him. He was trending upwards very nicely until he came upon the coaching train wreck that is Gordon. One of my very few complaints with Hexy has been his choices in coaches and Fazleev is an example of mismanagement. Did you guys read that Russian article on his views of Gordon?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
No love for poor Fazleev. This will be a really important year for him. He was trending upwards very nicely until he came upon the coaching train wreck that is Gordon. One of my very few complaints with Hexy has been his choices in coaches and Fazleev is an example of mismanagement. Did you guys read that Russian article on his views of Gordon?

Yes, most of us hate Gordon. Fazleev definitely suffered a lot playing for that idiot. I like Fazleev's game and am very much rooting for him. He is a major bounce back candidate.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I will vote for him after Martel who has back to back 20 goal AHL seasons without a lot of PP time.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yes, most of us hate Gordon. Fazleev definitely suffered a lot playing for that idiot. I like Fazleev's game and am very much rooting for him. He is a major bounce back candidate.

Fazleev's the kind of gritty, smart character player that can play a key role at the NHL level.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think this is getting a little long in the tooth. Really a complete crapshoot but going to Fazleev again.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
For some reason I cannot vote, but I love these polls.

I like to see what everyone else's views are on prospects.

I love tenacity and gritty players. That's why I am huge on Bardeau and Twarynski. Twarynski may never pan out, bu Bardeau has a real shot in my opinion.

Fazleev is interesting. His high upside is a decent 3rd liner. Someone said he has the grit and smarts to play a good key role type player. Yes that is true. Gordon kinda brought that out with playing him in a Bottom 6 energy role... especially that in the AHL.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
What's the difference between Sushko and Salinitri?

Sushko has an extra year of mystery box status to go with a marginally better pre-draft year on roughly comparable teams?

This deep down the list I'm digging for rationale.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sushko was drafted higher, is bigger and from scouting reports has a similar skill set, but more upside as a full sized speedball.

Salinitri at 5'11 170 is a little bigger than Martel, but without the breakout post draft +2 season, if he puts up 100+ points this year then he should move ahead of Martel.

I'd have to go Sushko, Martel and Salinitri at this point.

Can Fazleev skate well enough to be a NHL player? He's not a Strome with a PF skill set, he's pretty much a checking center. Warren is faster but with the same offensive skill questions.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted for Martel the last 3 spots and sticking with it. Why fazleev was benched only Gordon knows I guess the games I watched that he played he was taking most of d-zone faceoffs then he sat every playoff game just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sushko was drafted higher, is bigger and from scouting reports has a similar skill set, but more upside as a full sized speedball.

Salinitri at 5'11 170 is a little bigger than Martel, but without the breakout post draft +2 season, if he puts up 100+ points this year then he should move ahead of Martel.

Going from 58 to 100+ points would be an incredible jump for a 6th round pick. Only three players in the OHL scored 100 points in 16/17.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Going from 58 to 100+ points would be an incredible jump for a 6th round pick. Only three players in the OHL scored 100 points in 16/17.

It's what Martel did as an undrafted player in his second post draft season. The point is that Salinitri needs a big jump in offense to even be a NHL prospect, like Martel, his value is only as a fast, undersized scorer - which means he has to score a lot.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He'd still have to score, they have guys like Warren who can skate and check but can't score. Just not as much, in that case he'd be more like AK as a potential two way winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->