Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
maxresdefault.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Had to go with Strome, boom/bust, but if he learns to skate he's a legitimate top 6 winger, if he doesn't, he'll never make a NHL roster for long, because if he can't function at ES, what's his role?

The others to me are either long odds (Kase, Cates, Marody), lack upside (Leier, MV), or are somewhere between (Bernhardt). Though when solid 4th line candidates can't break your top 20, "my cup runneth over."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I voted Cates as well, on a hunch, and on the fact that I still don't like the Strome bloodline, though I will be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
You could talk me into any of Strome, Cates, Kase, and even Lycksell at this spot.

I assume Cates & Lycksell are pretty similar prospects as projects with upside. Kase is a really well-rounded player but lacks upside, and we all know the deal with Strome.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
You could talk me into any of Strome, Cates, Kase, and even Lycksell at this spot.

I assume Cates & Lycksell are pretty similar prospects as projects with upside. Kase is a really well-rounded player but lacks upside, and we all know the deal with Strome.

Yeah I pretty much agree, I'd probably vote for all four of them ahead of Vecchione. I think I'd vote for a guy like Sushko over Vecchione too.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dunno, after Strome, pretty much everyone is a long shot, I mean it's nice that an 18 or 19 year old skates well, but until Kase has a successful SHL season, he's a low probability event, same with Cates, Sushko, Marody. Lycksell is even a longer shot.

At this point, I'd probably go with Leier, MV and Bernhardt as the three with the best shot at actually playing in the NHL someday. Fazleev only if he shows he can skate, sorta the poor man's Water Bear.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I dunno, after Strome, pretty much everyone is a long shot, I mean it's nice that an 18 or 19 year old skates well, but until Kase has a successful SHL season, he's a low probability event, same with Cates, Sushko, Marody. Lycksell is even a longer shot.

At this point, I'd probably go with Leier, MV and Bernhardt as the three with the best shot at actually playing in the NHL someday. Fazleev only if he shows he can skate, sorta the poor man's Water Bear.

Kase has a well established reputation for leadership in international games for Czechs. It looks like Strome this time, but to me it's Kase and then maybe Bernhardt, who is huge and talented (reminds me of Coburn in some ways).

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
For me it's Strome, then Bernhardt, then pick a name out of a hat.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Got Bernhardt and Leier closing out the top 20 after Strome. I'd throw Kosorenkov in that mix as well if the option was there.

I'm a fan of Marody after that, he's impressed me the cpl times I've seen him play, think he might've made a bigger name for himself this year not for the academic suspension. Looks like he has absolutely no one decent to play with in Michigan, how does the flow of talent from the USHL distribute into the NCAA exactly? Does anyone know if they have any decent new talent for next year?

Kase never stood out to me the few times I've ever seen him, but appears to have won over a crowd. I know nothing of Cates but I like the noise being made about him here. Also the Lycksell camp story was a nice touch too. Martel also brings an exciting game at the pro level. Not sure who else other than Suchko is worth mentioning, I guess Veccione?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm a fan of Marody after that, he's impressed me the cpl times I've seen him play, think he might've made a bigger name for himself this year not for the academic suspension. Looks like he has absolutely no one decent to play with in Michigan, how does the flow of talent from the USHL distribute into the NCAA exactly? Does anyone know if they have any decent new talent for next year?

Joshua Norris & Quinn Hughes are the two most notable incoming freshmen for Michigan next year. The rest of their roster was mostly first & second year players last year so the hope is with another year under their belt perhaps they'll get better with experience.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Vecchione is gonna be in the big leagues next year as first call up, IF he doesn't make the team out of camp. Offensive flair, insane on the dot, and plays in all situations, would have gotten the Hobey Baker if not for politics too.

A friend of mine works for Union and swears by him, we'll all be very pleasantly surprised by him.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Vecchione is gonna be in the big leagues next year as first call up, IF he doesn't make the team out of camp. Offensive flair, insane on the dot, and plays in all situations, would have gotten the Hobey Baker if not for politics too.

A friend of mine works for Union and swears by him, we'll all be very pleasantly surprised by him.

I have him going next on my list :yo: then id say kase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad