TSN: 2016 World Junior Championship (Colin White Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The main board thread is outstanding. Just chastising player after player. I swear some people forget that all these players are still teenagers.

Maybe that's because most of them are teenagers too? And they are struggling to manage their emotions. Or some are just real fanatics, which is not sane IMO

This is just an entertainment, what I kept repeating for years on this board. No need to throw players, coaches and GMs under the bus at every occasion

I wonder how this team would have looked with Perron...:sarcasm:

I thought the same thing lol. One guy doesn't change everything but I have a feeling Perron would have had a great tourney

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought Strome had a very good tournament & Crouse scored today too. Marner is a puck hog but I thought Konecny had a very good tournament on an energy line. I also thought it wasn't their offence that let them down it was their defensive responsibility & their goaltending which sucked basically.
Marner turned into a puck hog when this game turned into the Marner show. That's what needed to happen for us to get back in. The big guys in this team suck. Because they were brought in for nothing but their size

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Another game just not enamored with white. Maybe he's a guy that you rally notice in the right games. I'll admit he was much more noticeable against canada than he was these last two blow outs.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Really pissing me off that people are slamming the kids.

That was one of the worst displays of coaching I have ever seen from the world juniors. They spent 4 round robin games trying to be cute and not playing a team game. Maybe you have a bunch of guys that are selfish? But I doubt it. I took them till the QF to either click into the coaching system or for the coach to implement a system/game plan. If htey had played that way from the get go they would have improved like every other team.

Reality was they didn't have enough skill to overshadow lackluster coaching like previous years. The results of that end up being what we saw.

Unfortunate. They should have been playing a high tempo, physical game from the get go. Not the little cute play that ended up turning them into one of the worst showings for hte world juniors in the last decade.

I certainly look to coaching before the players.

And to the people (in the main forum) bashing these kids, that says more about your credibility than anything on these boards (including ****** trade proposals).

Glad to see the Sens-specific board has some level headed people!!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Amazing what good coaching can do.

The US plays with so much structure and discipline compared to everyone else in this tournament. They are going to win.

That was the most mind blowing performance by a team Canada I have ever seen. Never seen such selfish and undisciplined play.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Really pissing me off that people are slamming the kids.

That was one of the worst displays of coaching I have ever seen from the world juniors. They spent 4 round robin games trying to be cute and not playing a team game. Maybe you have a bunch of guys that are selfish? But I doubt it. I took them till the QF to either click into the coaching system or for the coach to implement a system/game plan. If htey had played that way from the get go they would have improved like every other team.

Reality was they didn't have enough skill to overshadow lackluster coaching like previous years. The results of that end up being what we saw.

Unfortunate. They should have been playing a high tempo, physical game from the get go. Not the little cute play that ended up turning them into one of the worst showings for hte world juniors in the last decade.

I certainly look to coaching before the players.

And to the people (in the main forum) bashing these kids, that says more about your credibility than anything on these boards (including ****** trade proposals).

Glad to see the Sens-specific board has some level headed people!!

You're right the lack of structure from the coaching staff is a big reason why the players played so undisciplined. Ill use the USA again as an example. Dabrincat started off on the first line but made some very stupid plays he was then healthied and now he is on the 4th line. Canada continuously put players making bad decisions on the ice. No one had to learn from their play or their mistakes. They were also bad on the PK bad in the neutral zone and bad in the D zone. This is all coaching.

The other thing I really didnt get was the line mixing and mashing all the time. Its a short tournament players need specific roles and positions. I found the icetime was also not distributed on merit at all. The shift length was also horrible another coaching concern.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Some may not like Ron Wilson as a coach but I know if I was an 18/19 y/o I would listen and respect what he says. Having Chelios back there would sure help as well.

Also Wilson knows there is a team building element to winning this or any tournament like this.

If guys feel left out or if other guys feel privileged it rarely works out. I am very disappointed in how Lowry ran this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad