World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Do you think Laine deserves to have made the Finnish team?

absolutely... there aren't many big name players left off that team that laine took... naming Matthews over many good young NHLer's is insane.... oh well im sure he will still be decent and I expected this to happen anyways seeing where this tourney is being played

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
that's exactly why hes there.. good player but IMO shouldn't even be considered for this team

Disagree.

Watch the World Championships. He is significantly better than Max Domi in almost every aspect of the game. Kypreos spouting about Domi was rubbish. Max was not in real contention for this team

I get the gripes with Galchy and Jenner not being there, but in terms of getting a guy who can play down the middle, Matthews is a great bet.

When I saw him at the Worlds, I knew he would be on this team

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Matthews played great in the world championships that probably got him a spot. People saying he's playing against players out of his league haven't watched him play. He will hold his own.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
How did Galchenyuk not make team North America 16 goals in his last 22 games nobody in the entire NHL hotter.....ALL POLITICS.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Disagree.

Watch the World Championships. He is significantly better than Max Domi in almost every aspect of the game. Kypreos spouting about Domi was rubbish. Max was not in real contention for this team

I get the gripes with Galchy and Jenner not being there, but in terms of getting a guy who can play down the middle, Matthews is a great bet.

When I saw him at the Worlds, I knew he would be on this team

Oh I did watch and he was good at that tourny I'll agree, but it's very obvious why he was named to the team. I love him as a player and know he will be a good player but as I said, there is no way he should have taken a roster spot over many unreal young NHLers.

But it doesn't really matter anyways.. the team looks exciting!!

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
How did Galchenyuk not make team North America 16 goals in his last 22 games nobody in the entire NHL hotter.....ALL POLITICS.

I agree he should've been there but I don't think a hot streak in April will continue over 5 months of not playing until September lol.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So happy parayko and ghost are there... a couple guys passed over in their drafts and then took the league by storm this year... feel good story for young players

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I agree he should've been there but I don't think a hot streak in April will continue over 5 months of not playing until September lol.

April? He was one of the best player in the entire NHL in the last 40 games of the season........ While Drouin was playing in the AHL and Nuge was probably injured once more.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Lol @ Drouin and Matthews over Galchenyuk

Drouin was in the AHL when the initial 16 were named and Gally was nearing 30 goals. Somehow he's ahead of him now.

Im not a big Galchenyuk fan but he got snubbed.

Im curious to see how well Matthews looks.

Also no idea why JT Miller got named to this team so early

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
April? He was one of the best player in the entire NHL in the last 40 games of the season........ While Drouin was playing in the AHL and Nuge was probably injured once more.

My point is his last game was in April not that that is how long the hot streak lasted. After 5 months of no playing whoever ended on a hot streak is irrelevant lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad