World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I'm sorry if I bring you to bad light and make you seem not to be taken serious. All I just wanted to point out is that you should wake up and stop treating your stats as the ultimate truth. I know my comments might hurt you, cause it seems that you belive that you have a reputation here that your word and your stats are undebatable. I hang so little at these forums that I don't know if you have a somekind of hockey god reputation here. Don't be threatened by my posts.

As for the claim you brought up about myself believing to know better than the coach or staff... Oh come on! Haven't I made it very clear that I don't consider myself being any kind of an expert? You on the other hand... :D ofc you watched the game, but you watched from the point of view that you are making your stats and so that people could praise u for them. I honestly don't understand how anyone can say
that laine is a defensively responsible forward? :D He was in the world juniors. But in mens games he is far from that. And if you are going as far as questioning Barkovs game u really are lost.

As i said, Laine will be better than pulks. But not at this stage. And u claiming pulkkinen is bad also confirms ur "knowledge" of hockey.

Try not to watch the stats tonight and definitely not make ur own stats from tonights game and enjoy hockey and what u see. You will also save a lot time that way :)

:handclap: And not just him, I see this more often now days..

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
As i said, Laine will be better than pulks. But not at this stage. And u claiming pulkkinen is bad also confirms ur "knowledge" of hockey.

I'm sorry but Laine is already more complete player than Pulkkinen, tbh it's not even that close.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Not surprising Teuvo is out, he was bad in the last game.

I don't think the first line not working is down to just Jokinen, honestly Laine is just not at this point at the level required (completely understandable considering lack of experience). I honestly fail to see any particular chemistry between Barkov and Laine as well. Lots of fixing in the lines, not much time... Hopefully Marjamäki won't be scared to try different combinations in the US game if the lines still do not work.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
<-Clarification: I meant that Laine not ready to be a first line player at this level. Maybe better for a third-line role +PP as he is already on the team.
(edit didn't work on my phone)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not surprising Teuvo is out, he was bad in the last game.

I don't think the first line not working is down to just Jokinen, honestly Laine is just not at this point at the level required (completely understandable considering lack of experience). I honestly fail to see any particular chemistry between Barkov and Laine as well. Lots of fixing in the lines, not much time... Hopefully Marjamäki won't be scared to try different combinations in the US game if the lines still do not work.

Panthers fans would say as well that Jokinen-Barkov doesn't work, and if Aho looks good today I'd test him with Barkov and Laine against U23. Aho thinks the game so fast and he skates so much better than Jokinen.

Laine-Barkov-Aho 2way line with speed
Granlud-Koivu-Donskoi 2way line with speed
Lehtera-Filppula- Jokinen, boring safe defensive line
Korpi-Haula- Komarov fast, physical defensive line

That u23 team is the fastest on the tourney and that top6 could keep up with it better.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm sorry if I bring you to bad light and make you seem not to be taken serious. All I just wanted to point out is that you should wake up and stop treating your stats as the ultimate truth.

Try not to watch the stats tonight and definitely not make ur own stats from tonights game and enjoy hockey and what u see. You will also save a lot time that way :)

You seem to be confusing using stats as a basis for one's argument as taking them for guaranteed truth. It's an argumentation tool. It's something concrete to show that supports your assessment. I also brought up several other things that are not "my" stats like the ice time and corsi stats. You seem to be the one treating "your" eye test as the ultimate truth. I see no basis for that and I don't see how it fundamentally is superior to my personal eye test.

Patrik Laine is a better player than Teemu Pulkkinen right now. How many hockey people do you think would agree with your assessment? Around 0? Teemu Pulkkinen had his chance in WHCs and failed. He couldn't cement his spot in Red Wings and this is despite being at an age where further improvement is not very likely. I don't think that there are very many people who would pick Teemu Pulkkinen over Patrik Laine for this role in a best-on-best tournament when he couldn't deliver even at WHCs, against teams like Hungary and Belarus.

I will watch and record the stats tonight. Some people don't try to be as lazy as humanly possible. I'm interested in this so I don't mind if I "have to" spend a couple of hours of enlightening time on it. It's for my personal use, me sharing it is something you could consider thanking me for instead of ridiculing me for wasting my time.

Right, I feel like I should explain this because it seems like you are misunderstanding something. I don't record stats while watching the match live, obviously. I just enjoy it as it is. I record the stats separately the next day when I watch through the match again and try to properly analyze it. These stats are way too difficult for me to record on the fly(I assume a professional could do it).

Last edited:

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
You seem to be confusing using stats as a basis for one's argument as taking them for guaranteed truth. It's an argumentation tool. It's something concrete to show that supports your assessment. I also brought up several other things that are not "my" stats like the ice time and corsi stats. You seem to be the one treating "your" eye test as the ultimate truth. I see no basis for that and I don't see how it fundamentally is superior to my personal eye test.

Patrik Laine is a better player than Teemu Pulkkinen right now. How many hockey people do you think would agree with your assessment? Around 0? Teemu Pulkkinen had his chance in WHCs and failed. He couldn't cement his spot in Red Wings and this is despite being at an age where further improvement is not very likely. I don't think that there are very many people who would pick Teemu Pulkkinen over Patrik Laine for this role in a best-on-best tournament when he couldn't deliver even at WHCs, against teams like Hungary and Belarus.

I will watch and record the stats tonight. Some people don't try to be as lazy as humanly possible. I'm interested in this so I don't mind if I "have to" spend a couple of hours of enlightening time on it. It's for my personal use, me sharing it is something you could consider thanking me for instead of ridiculing me for wasting my time.

Ur using stats is just to try and prove how great of an expert you are. Like I have now said many times, I do not consider myself as a professional and I ain't looking for acceptance from other writers here as you are. I am wrong about things many times and right sometimes. I don't have the energy for every game to look at people beloved corsi stats. All my comments are based on watching every game close. And I know you watch and analize them 20 times and pausing every 2 seconds. So isn't it obvious that you are the real expert.

And once more about pulks, I know that I am in the minority for liking him. But his whc performance was all due to jalonens idiotic rotation with the lines. And I bet that you haven't seen a single wings or grand rapids game. You've just followed the media and sosial media bashing.

I know u don't do ur stats during the.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Panthers fans would say as well that Jokinen-Barkov doesn't work, and if Aho looks good today I'd test him with Barkov and Laine against U23. Aho thinks the game so fast and he skates so much better than Jokinen.

That u23 team is the fastest on the tourney and that top6 could keep up with it better.

Would you put both our teenagers to first line? That line needs Komarov on either wing

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
Ur using stats is just to try and prove how great of an expert you are. Like I have now said many times, I do not consider myself as a professional and I ain't looking for acceptance from other writers here as you are. I am wrong about things many times and right sometimes. I don't have the energy for every game to look at people beloved corsi stats. All my comments are based on watching every game close. And I know you watch and analize them 20 times and pausing every 2 seconds. So isn't it obvious that you are the real expert.

And once more about pulks, I know that I am in the minority for liking him. But his whc performance was all due to jalonens idiotic rotation with the lines. And I bet that you haven't seen a single wings or grand rapids game. You've just followed the media and sosial media bashing.

I know u don't do ur stats during the.

I don't know what it is exactly you're trying to argue here but you should definitely chill a bit. What ijuka is doing here is great for everybody (except for you it seems) who want to understand the game from a more analytic point of view.

I've seen some of Pulkkinen's grand rapid games and all of his games with the red wings and he has never looked close to the overall player Laine is already. Seriously why are you even saying this stuff, there's nothing that suggests otherwise.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

You're going to go against young elite/franchise players most of whom are already established NHLers with Laine and Aho on the same line? Seriously dude, wake the **** up. And that's really no knock on Laine nor Aho.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would you put both our teenagers to first line? That line needs Komarov on either wing

You're going to go against young elite/franchise players most of whom are already established NHLers with Laine and Aho on the same line? Seriously dude, wake the **** up. And that's really no knock on Laine nor Aho.

Barkov would be one of the best players on that u23 team.
This Laine-Barkov-Jokinen line hasn't worked at all and if they want to have a chance they can't go with 1 offensive line, that gets ugly fast.

I had 3 proven veteran lines and 1 bit of a mystery but with Barkov who is our best player it could work, again this roster has not worked at all and I said if Aho looks good today.

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
I don't know what it is exactly you're trying to argue here but you should definitely chill a bit. What ijuka is doing here is great for everybody (except for you it seems) who want to understand the game from a more analytic point of view.

I've seen some of Pulkkinen's grand rapid games and all of his games with the red wings and he has never looked close to the overall player Laine is already. Seriously why are you even saying this stuff, there's nothing that suggests otherwise.

So i was right, he is some sort of messiah to people here. Guess it's no use getting involved then. Typical hfboards nonsense...

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
So i was right, he is some sort of messiah to people here. Guess it's no use getting involved then. Typical hfboards nonsense...

Whatever works for you. Try jatkoaika.com or something like that with your Pulkkinen homer glasses on, maybe you get more satisfaction elsewhere.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Put the same question over to the USA thread.

Who will win tonight's game? How close will it be?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Gotta love the kids line.

Kind of interesting if we ever get Laine, Pulju, Aho, Barkov. All of them in some WHC tournament, who would be left outside of the line or would it be:

Laine-Barkov-X
Pulju-Aho-X

Depends of the other players available for the squad I guess, but still knowing how good chemistry they all got with Laine.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Koivu had 7:00 of PP time, Donskoi 7:10 and Granlund 7:10 whereas Laine for example had 2:47.

I guess it's to be expected that some PP units would score more than others if it goes like this.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
That is terrible usage. Even worse, for the entire 6 on 4 PP at the end of the game. What was the Finnish coach thinking?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Barkov and Laine with the really bad corsi in this game. :(

Barkov wasn't very good in this game, and the Finnish D were horrible. USA definitely dominated for much of the game. Laine showed a lot of positive things though, especially for such a young player.

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
Barkov is under used. He didn't have a good game but he is by far the best Finnish hockey player at the moment. I liked what I saw from Aho, as always. Laine-Barkov-Aho was used for a couple of shifts there and it's high risk to ice both of the young guys but the reward is high too. Vatanen is still playing like a shell of himself, Jokipakka seems to be hit and miss. Määttä played okay sans the bad pass at the end of the first. Ristolainen really wants to take a leadership role. He will have to be able to take on huge minutes too. But that drive and hunger that he has really shines through, gotta love it. Koivu line played okay but for the love of god, use the other PP line sometimes. Lepistö played better than Pokka for sure.

Sorry about the ramblings, just my thoughts about the game. It's almost 6am and I should be sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->