Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v7) Next: vs CWS | Tue, Apr 26| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Sale vs Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw24

Dec 3, 2005
Owen Sound, ON
well everytime i see something like that, i feel like... yuck. I know i ask a lot of questions, but I am trying to retain it, and I want to understand what's going on, other than "player at plate, throw ball, try to hit it."

and some of them i just forgot - i remember Canada4Gold having to explain a balk to me three times before i got it. something else too, like we saw it in a span of a week. but now i know what it looks like.

but i'll try not to ask that many.

I should clarify... My comment was not directed at you Daisy. It was whoever asked why Dominguez was playing instead of Smoak. I have no problem when people are new to the game and have questions to try to help them understand it. But asking why a 1st basemen is not playing 3rd base is a little out there.

I apologize for making it uncomfortable for you

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
He looks bad right now. ERA almost 7. I hope he does, but I am not counting on it. I think this about the end of the line for him.

And a FIP under 3.50, which is significantly better than this point any of the last three years.

The point is, "I think this is about the end of the line for him" is the exact kind of post we would have seen in late April of 2015, 2014, and 2013. He hasn't been any worse than he was those years.

He's been frustrating, though, that's for sure.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Look I know that Smoak can't play 3B. If you can go to the plate, then you can play the field. Donaldson should have been in the line-up @3B. Basically this idiot Gibbons is telling Smoak, that a scrub who has not played in the show since 2014, is better than you, against an ace pitcher like Sale. What do you think this line-up tonight tells the Blue Jays as a team? You got Dominguez, Barney and Thole in the line-up, who are here, not because they belong, but because ROGERS is too cheap to properly stock a bench. All three of these guys, DON'T BELONG in the majors. Then you wonder why, they are mailing it in tonight.

Lol. What a joke. How does the bench reflect on rogers spending? So fail so little time

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
well everytime i see something like that, i feel like... yuck. I know i ask a lot of questions, but I am trying to retain it, and I want to understand what's going on, other than "player at plate, throw ball, try to hit it."

and some of them i just forgot - i remember Canada4Gold having to explain a balk to me three times before i got it. something else too, like we saw it in a span of a week. but now i know what it looks like.

but i'll try not to ask that many.

I think most of us who have followed baseball for long time love explaining things to new fans. The problem is when people ask rhetorical questions as their way of complaining about something ridiculous.

To be fair, I didn't think his questions was of the Ridiculous Rhetorical Complaint variety, but his follow-up makes it pretty clear that it was.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
storen is great

I will never understand major league managers.

Last night it was a one-run deficit going into the 9th. The Jays had Donaldson, Bautista, EE and Tulo coming up.

Yet, Gibbons refused to use either Storen or Osuna to try and keep it a one run game and take a shot at winning with your best hitters. Lesser relievers give up a run and that's it

Tonight they're getting bombed in the 8th, no chance of coming back, might as well just finish it out with your least important bullpen arms and there is Storen out there.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Question: is Martin available to catch in the event of an injury to Thole?

I'm curious why they wouldn't call up a catcher to replace Hutch to ensure they have two available just in case.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
venditte is just no good
which arm gets recalled next ... I'll say tepera

I think it's time to get Tepera up. He made the team out of the spring and then was optioned whey they picked up the extra leftie.

I also wouldn't have an issue if they brought up Hutch to pitch out of the pen and end the Biagini experiment.

The way Dickey is pitching Hutch would get a shot at pitching every 5th day anyway and I'm curious to see how his stuff would translate in the bullpen.

But talking about Venditte and Biagini is kind of like splitting hairs.

If Cecil and Storen aren't better, the bullpen will be a train wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad