Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v35) *ALCS GM 1* @ CLE | Fri, Oct 14 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Estrada vs Kluber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Well, we're 4-0 in the playoffs.. Hope we come back. If we don't, well... you can't expect to win every game in the post season.

Come back strong tomorrow.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Edwin and Bautista can't even advance Donaldson because they are too busy swinging for the fences

We're down 2 in the 8th with 1 runner on, yeah a single would be great, but if there's anytime to be swinging for the fences this is literally it

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Back to the september jays.

Need to get to the starter when you have runners on or francona is just going to keep going to miller who the jays cant do much against for the 7th and 8th.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
A truly pathetic performance tonight. Cleveland certainly looks to be the superior team. Won't be surprised if this is a short series.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I begged AA to sign Miller when he was a free agent 2 years ago. BEGGED HIM.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This is the not fun to watch jays team tonight. Hopefully, this is the anomaly for us in this series. This was a worry for me that the bats would get cold.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Seriously guys, enough taking potshots at other posters for their fandom. Even if someone posts a ridiculous hot take, you can pick apart the post, but not take a shot at the poster.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We're down 2 in the 8th with 1 runner on, yeah a single would be great, but if there's anytime to be swinging for the fences this is literally it

Disagree. Focus on advancing runners. A well hit single gets Donaldson to 3rd. Then even a GIDP has us going into the 9th down just 1 instead.

You're talking about two of the most pull-iest hitters in the league, what do you expect?

A smart at-bat rather than a hero at-bat

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
You guys realize we have faced Kluber and Miller this game right? Hell I was expecting the loss. This series is far from over. Superior team? Why? Because they had that one hard hit? This will be a close series.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
You guys realize we have faced Kluber and Miller this game right? Hell I was expecting the loss. This series is far from over. Superior team? Why? Because they had that one hard hit? This will be a close series.

If anything, this is the game Cleveland needed to win. You're bang on.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Disagree. Focus on advancing runners. A well hit single gets Donaldson to 3rd. Then even a GIDP has us going into the 9th down just 1 instead.

A smart at-bat rather than a hero at-bat

Because they both didn't get to full counts, one where EE was called out on a 50/50 strike and the other where Bautista was forced to swing the bat?

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007

That's fine, the more frustrating part is we cant get runners to score. Multiple chances.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank

Don't get it either. Game 1s aren't series ending games. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad