Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v34) *ALDS GM 3* vs TEX| Sun, Oct 9| 7:30pmET/4:30mPT | Lewis vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What you talking about, baseball gods exist.

yeah the Jays beating the Rangers in 3 straight on an Odor error is pretty poetic justice and Brunt mentioned that.

Arash was just going on some weird tangent about how Kyle Lowry was in 2 places when 2 things happened as if it meant anything at all. If Kyle Lowry had any meaning all all sure, but I'm sure you can find 1 person who was in 2 related places for almost everything in history. Even moreso when you're talking about a player who's often in said city

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bush is a pretty good redemption story. And he's pretty good now too. Actually wouldn't mind the guy on the Jays.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bush is a pretty good redemption story. And he's pretty good now too. Actually wouldn't mind the guy on the Jays.

Bush's history includes multiple assaults and running over a guy while fleeing the scene of an accident. That takes away from the "redemption" angle because it's not like he just got on drugs and ****ed his own life up.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bush's history includes multiple assaults and running over a guy while fleeing the scene of an accident. That takes away from the "redemption" angle because it's not like he just got on drugs and ****ed his own life up.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal that thinks most people deserve chances to redeem their sins and mistakes. You know that, Nem. ;)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

No kidding. :laugh:

Mar 14, 2011
Funny thing is, that low throw Odor received could have easily been an error and another 1 month vacation for Elvis.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm a bleeding heart liberal that thinks most people deserve chances to redeem their sins and mistakes. You know that, Nem. ;)

Normally I'm all for that, but he got multiple chances and kept ****ing them up in escalating fashion. After the Padres cut him (for ****-ups that included beating up a high schooler with a golf club while screaming "I'm Matt ****ing Bush!") the Jays signed him and told him there was a zero-tolerance policy in place for his conduct. So what'd he do? Less than a month into the deal he went out and assaulted a woman. And then he ended up with the Rays, took Brandon Guyer's truck to a strip club, got loaded, got kicked out for trying to climb on the stage, and went screaming down the highway where he hit a dude on a motorcycle, then ran him over while fleeing the scene and then allegedly caused a couple more accidents further on down the highway and bailed on those before the cops found him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Do you guys care who we face? I feel like Cleveland is a better match up for us but Francona >> Farrell IMO. We are so similar to the Red Sox but our BP and starting pitching is better...their bats were better than ours in the regular season, can't say the same about the playoffs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
My whole thought process on that play:

*Seeing Martin hit that grounder into the hole*

"**** .. Tough, but doable double play - can Martin leg it out"

*Seing Moreland have to pull off the base as Martin probably wasn't beating out the throw"

"Yessss .. Safe!"

*Noticed Moreland didn't scoop the ball*

"Oh ****, Donaldson can score if he kept running"

And then the game was won :)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Normally I'm all for that, but he got multiple chances and kept ****ing them up in escalating fashion. After the Padres cut him (for ****-ups that included beating up a high schooler with a golf club while screaming "I'm Matt ****ing Bush!") the Jays signed him and told him there was a zero-tolerance policy in place for his conduct. So what'd he do? Less than a month into the deal he went out and assaulted a woman. And then he ended up with the Rays, took Brandon Guyer's truck to a strip club, got loaded, got kicked out for trying to climb on the stage, and went screaming down the highway where he hit a dude on a motorcycle, then ran him over while fleeing the scene and then allegedly caused a couple more accidents further on down the highway and bailed on those before the cops found him.

I get that, but he served his time for that.

If he's stable now, I'm still for giving him another chance to redeem himself.

Anyway, I'd rather not get into discussion about my personal boundary for what constitutes "redeemable" in the Blue Jays thread. :laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Do you guys care who we face? I feel like Cleveland is a better match up for us but Francona >> Farrell IMO. We are so similar to the Red Sox but our BP and starting pitching is better...their bats were better than ours in the regular season, can't say the same about the playoffs.

I don't know. If Cleveland wins, they will be coming in hot just like us. If Boston wins, they'll be coming in hot just like us.

Cleveland has some key injuries, don't they?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I don't know. If Cleveland wins, they will be coming in hot just like us. If Boston wins, they'll be coming in hot just like us.

Cleveland has some key injuries, don't they?

They're missing two of their best SP's ... Boston has a better offense.

On paper Cleveland seems more favourable .. Plus going to play in Fenway in October with Ortiz in his final season ... I'd like to avoid that myself.

Both will be tough series though.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
From Twitter:

Better to get punched in May than knocked out in October

Odor can throw a punch but not a ball to first base.

Awesome game!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
They're missing two of their best SP's ... Boston has a better offense.

On paper Cleveland seems more favourable .. Plus going to play in Fenway in October with Ortiz in his final season ... I'd like to avoid that myself.

Both will be tough series though.

Cleveland looks good obviously, but Boston's offense is scary. Little extra motivation to beat Cleveland because Shapiro is with us now too, and vice versa, I suppose.

Wouldn't mind Boston winning a game or two to extend the series.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
My whole thought process on that play:

*Seeing Martin hit that grounder into the hole*

"**** .. Tough, but doable double play - can Martin leg it out"

*Seing Moreland have to pull off the base as Martin probably wasn't beating out the throw"

"Yessss .. Safe!"

*Noticed Moreland didn't scoop the ball*

"Oh ****, Donaldson can score if he kept running"

And then the game was won :)
As soon as I saw the ball get away from Moreland I was screaming "Go go go" at the TV.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
My God, if we had to play tomorrow, how screwed would we be? No Osuna, obviously no Liriano. The bullpen is gassed. Thank God for Donaldson and his base running!

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland looks good obviously, but Boston's offense is scary. Little extra motivation to beat Cleveland because Shapiro is with us now too, and vice versa, I suppose.

Wouldn't mind Boston winning a game or two to extend the series.

Also, with Salazar and Carrasco still out with injuries, Josh Tomlin (a pretty decent #5 starter) and Mike Clevinger (a rookie with a 5+ ERA in 53 innings) are force to take their spots on the Indian's starting rotation which have been the Tribe's major strength for most of this season. Another thing is the Jays bats have actually gotten to Kluber many times in the past, I'd rather see the Jays face the Tribe as well.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
My God, if we had to play tomorrow, how screwed would we be? No Osuna, obviously no Liriano. The bullpen is gassed. Thank God for Donaldson and his base running!
It wouldn't have been great. But to be fair the Rangers seemed to be using everyone who knew how to throw a baseball in the game themselves. So would have come down to the starters.

Pretty darn fine with winning it tonight :). Give all those guys a bit of rest.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
EplGjEB.jpg

My view tonight. Best night ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad