Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v32) *ALDS GM 2* @ TEX| Fri, Oct 7| 1pmET/10amPT | Happ vs Darvish

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
well i was wrong to worry about Osuna.

sorry to anyone i argued with about his health!

nice win. looking forward to sunday funday

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Gibby almost blew that game. Biagini should have been left to finish the 7th. He was pitching well and it's a 4-run lead. No need to play match-up, especially with the huge question mark Cecil is. Odor's splits pretty even too (.269 against lefties; .272 against righties). Instead he brings in Cecil, who walks Odor on 4 pitches, and then is forced to use Grilili in the 7th. Then, he played match-up again, pulling Grilili after one batter to bring in Lariano, again... still with a 4-run lead. Osuna, fortunately, bailed out these poor decisions. Huge win, especially with Sanchez lined up for game 3. Remember last year, though, this series ain't over till it's over.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Gibby almost blew that game. Biagini should have been left to finish the 7th. He was pitching well and it's a 4-run lead. No need to play match-up, especially with the huge question mark Cecil is. Odor's splits pretty even too (.269 against lefties; .272 against righties). Instead he brings in Cecil, who walks Odor on 4 pitches, and then is forced to use Grilili in the 7th. Then, he played match-up again, pulling Grilili after one batter to bring in Lariano, again... still with a 4-run lead. Osuna, fortunately, bailed out these poor decisions. Huge win, especially with Sanchez lined up for game 3.

Well here's your chance. Knowing what you know now, do you do anything different than Gibby did?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Eh, after Liriano was great against Baltimore, and is the long reliever, I don't think much blame can be placed on Gibbons for thinking he could safely bridge the gap.

Though Biagini should have been left in, that was a mistake.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Gibby almost blew that game. Biagini should have been left to finish the 7th. He was pitching well and it's a 4-run lead. No need to play match-up, especially with the huge question mark Cecil is. Odor's splits pretty even too (.269 against lefties; .272 against righties). Instead he brings in Cecil, who walks Odor on 4 pitches, and then is forced to use Grilili in the 7th. Then, he played match-up again, pulling Grilili after one batter to bring in Lariano, again... still with a 4-run lead. Osuna, fortunately, bailed out these poor decisions. Huge win, especially with Sanchez lined up for game 3. Remember last year, though, this series ain't over till it's over.

But if they don't give up a hit or run it's brilliant bullpen management. You know, just like Tuesday night... :laugh:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Well here's your chance. Knowing what you know now, do you do anything different than Gibby did?

After not pitching the prior two nights, and with an off night tomorrow I would have left Grilli in to start the 8th

Gibby got a bit cute with the match ups but there wasn't anything wrong with his decisions per say. His pitchers just didn't execute on the match ups.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Is it normal to take guys to the hospital on a stretcher? I can't imagine it is. Maybe he collapsed or something? I probably shouldn't speculate, but I don't think they'd take him to the hospital on a stretcher is it was just precautionary

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
But if they don't give up a hit or run it's brilliant bullpen management. You know, just like Tuesday night... :laugh:

Hey, I'm far from a Gibby hater, but I can safely say I hated the way this game was managed. It still could have ended up 5-3, it could have ended up worse, but I still think Biagini should have been given the chance the finish the 7th, Grilili should've have gotten the 8th, and have Osuna handle the 9th. They haven't really played matchups for Grilili all year. I don't know why they started now. Counting on a 5 out save from your half-injured closer is dicey business.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I can't blame Gibbons for putting in Cecil, who proceded to pitch as though a horseshoe crab were shoved up his butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad