Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v31) *ALDS GM 1* @ TEX| Thurs, Oct 6| 4:30pmET/1:30pmPT | Estrada vs Hamels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2007
Might as well took him out before the 9th if that's the logic. Or before the 8th, the game was basically over at that point too.

I understand if he's at 115 pitches. Or if it's a 2 run game, or even a 5 run game.

Sub 100 pitches, up 9 nobody on with 2 outs to go there's no harm.

Had he not let up that triple - and got the first batter out - he would have kept him in, no doubt.

Gibby gave him a shot.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Might as well took him out before the 9th if that's the logic. Or before the 8th, the game was basically over at that point too.

I understand if he's at 115 pitches. Or if it's a 2 run game, or even a 5 run game.

Sub 100 pitches, up 9 nobody on with 2 outs to go there's no harm.

Gibbons probably would have prefered to go to the pen to start the ninth. He let Estrada go for the shutout and pulled him once he lost it. Meh. It would have been nice to see, but I have no problem with it either way.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Had he not let up that triple - and got the first batter out - he would have kept him in, no doubt.

Gibby gave him a shot.

I would have even understood a little bit had he pulled him after the triple. But he let him get the next guy out sucessfully and then puled him, thought it was weird. Yeah the run scored, but I care more about the CG than the shutout. If you're gonna let him stay in after the triple, why pull him when he gets the next guy out?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Well that certainly was a gutsy move by Gibbons. Feel bad for Estrada, he was quite shaken by it given his post-game interview. Hopefully it pays off and Estrada stays hungry. Pretty bold for gibbons to take the wind out of the sails on a dominant feel good victory; I didn't think he had it in him.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Jamie Campbell is talking trash. :laugh:

Jamie Campbell's face when he lands a savage hit on Texas:

Carlton.jpg

:laugh:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Yup. I have tickets to both Sunday and Monday -- hoping to not need Monday's.

Lucky you. I'd love to go so much to those games. Place should be rocking like crazy. Have fun -- just don't throw any cans on the field. ;)
And if you see someone near you do it, punch them in the face for me. :D
But let's hope that never happens again. That guy was a goof.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Well that certainly was a gutsy move by Gibbons. Feel bad for Estrada, he was quite shaken by it given his post-game interview. Hopefully it pays off and Estrada stays hungry. Pretty bold for gibbons to take the wind out of the sails on a dominant feel good victory; I didn't think he had it in him.

He's a tougher manager than most give him credit for.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
YOU'RE NOT RISKING INJURY LEAVING HIM IN. :pullhair:

Of course you are. What kind of nonsense is that. Did you not see what happened to Osuna a few days ago (which could have been much, much worse)?. The same people who are on Gibbons' case now, would be asking for his head if Estrada injured himself going for an individual stat in Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs.

Personally I would have not even allowed him out in the 9th.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I would have even understood a little bit had he pulled him after the triple. But he let him get the next guy out sucessfully and then puled him, thought it was weird. Yeah the run scored, but I care more about the CG than the shutout. If you're gonna let him stay in after the triple, why pull him when he gets the next guy out?

Agree with bolded.

Gibby saw a great opportunity to get on TV.:sarcasm:

...Great game by Marco, and some damn good hitting today!

I hope the bats stay hot tomorrow and beyond.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Of course you are. What kind of nonsense is that. Did you not see what happened to Osuna a few days ago (which could have been much, much worse)?. The same people who are on Gibbons' case now, would be asking for his head if Estrada injured himself going for an individual stat in Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs.

Personally I would have not even allowed him out in the 9th.

No I wouldn't, just like I wasn't mad at him for letting Osuna go two innings.

If you're worrying about injury you take him out before the 8th then when your team is up 7-0 with 6 outs left.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Agree with bolded.

Gibby saw a great opportunity to get on TV.:sarcasm:

...Great game by Marco, and some damn good hitting today!

I hope the bats stay hot tomorrow and beyond.

Because Gibby was willing to let him stay in for a complete game shutout but not just a complete game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->