Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v25) Next: vs BOS| Sun, Sept 11| 1pmET/10amPT | Buchholz vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
1) 2 short paragraphs and a single extra sentence are a "novel"? :laugh: ok.

2) That's still an appeal to authority. The fact that they get paid for it is every bit as irrelevant to the quality of the argument as the fact that they are ex-players/managers. In fact, it's more likely that they get paid for their opinions because they're ex-players/managers than it is that they're getting paid because they actually put forth sound and high quality thoughts and analysis.

Again. the merit of an argument is in the argument itself. Not the reputation of who's making it.

Okay. Your right. Im sorry for ever doubting your infinite wisdom from your phone or laptop. Cheers.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nemesis came out with a cogent, intelligent, well thought-out reply and this lame response is all you could muster in return?

What the hell, dude? He's absolutely right. It's insanely frustrating listening to a simpleton like Tabler. He has the dual honour of having been both a terrible player and analyst.

I'm going to grant Tabler that he was actually a better player than he is an analyst. It's still not saying much, but he was an acceptable major leaguer as a bench/replacement guy with an alright peak few years. career 100 wRC+ with a few seasons in the 115-120 range and a few 1.5-1.7ish WAR years. He probably would've been better remembered if his value didn't crater from 89 through the end of his career in 1992.

He was terrible as a Blue Jay though. sub-70 wRC+ in his two years off the bench. Approaching Ryan Goins territory except that he was a 1b/dh instead of a premium defensive position.

And now that I read hte above, man that was kind of a backhanded compliment. :laugh:

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
As long as you learned something. :sarcasm:

Lol that was funny. No disrespect eh just a good old fashioned debate. Its like all summer long I argued with leaf fans on this board that vesey wouldnt sign here and I was crucified....what line will he be playing on for the rangers this year? Lmao. Take it ez man.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I want to see Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and SRF in the rotation together in a couple years. Maybe less offence but that could be a formidable rotation.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I want to see Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and SRF in the rotation together in a couple years. Maybe less offence but that could be a formidable rotation.

As much as I once wanted it, I'm getting the increasing sense that Osuna's never leaving the pen. He hasn't pitched 70 innings in a single season since he turned pro in 2011. This isn't Sanchez being groomed as a starter through the minors and had a couple of 100 inning starting seasons before he transitioned into like a season's worth of relief appearances before going back to the rotation. Yes he started throughout the minors, but in such small amounts that he hasn't had a "proper" starter's workload since he was like 16-17. I would be getting worried right about now that the team will decide that it's simply not worth it to invest the time in trying to stretch him out when they can leave him in the pen to dominate.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
As much as I once wanted it, I'm getting the increasing sense that Osuna's never leaving the pen. He hasn't pitched 70 innings in a single season since he turned pro in 2011. This isn't Sanchez being groomed as a starter through the minors and had a couple of 100 inning starting seasons before he transitioned into like a season's worth of relief appearances before going back to the rotation. Yes he started throughout the minors, but in such small amounts that he hasn't had a "proper" starter's workload since he was like 16-17. I would be getting worried right about now that the team will decide that it's simply not worth it to invest the time in trying to stretch him out when they can leave him in the pen to dominate.

Holy ****...we agree on something! :O haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->