GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Day: February 29, 8am ET, NHLN, TSN, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
All I ask for is a good player coming to Boston, but he has to be young and signed past this year on a reasonable contract, and I don't want to lose anything off the current roster, or any good picks or prospects, and it has to save us cap space. Thanks.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Acquiring Hamhuis certainly has the feel of keeping Loui doesn't it? Why snag a rental Dman?

I swear if they load up for the privilege of losing in 6 instead of 5 games in the 1st round I'm gonna lose it.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
that return for Kris Russell is bananas.

A 2nd alone would be overpayment, let alone with 2 prospects.

If I'm Sweeney then I listen very seriously to offers for Killer and Seidenberg because it sounds like the market for D is pretty screwy.

Unfortunately it sounds like he's going to buy instead. If he grabs Hamhuis as a rental then it might be smart to move out Seids or Kevan to recoup the assets.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Acquiring Hamhuis certainly has the feel of keeping Loui doesn't it? Why snag a rental Dman?

I swear if they load up for the privilege of losing in 6 instead of 5 games in the 1st round I'm gonna lose it.

Good point. Very good chance he stays now.

Nikita Filatov*

Hopefully a big push means no one else wants him and he fell onto our lap.

KoKo and a 4th or 3rd. Hamhuis is a nonfactor

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Glad Boston didn't give up that kind of package to rent Russell.

Have to think Hamhuis would be more expensive (easily best rental D-man on market, which isn't saying much.

Theodore coming back for a rental Loui. This board would meltdown, no idea why Anaheim would do such a thing.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Damn.

I see all these people hating on him in this thread, which leads me to believe those haters don't watch much hockey outside of Boston. Kris Russell is exactly the type of player the B's have been missing ever since Boychuk left. He would have more of positive impact on this team than keeping Ericsson would. Our D is terrible and having one of the top shot blockers, who can skate, hit, retrieve and distribute the puck out of the zone would go along way to helping it. The folks against him were probably the same people I saw clamouring on here for Chia to move Boychuk because we had his perfect replacement, Kevan Miller, waiting in the wings...

I've watched Russell plenty. He blocks shots and hits. That's about it. Oh, and Kevan Miller is better.

Dashboard_1__9_.0.png

Dashboard_1__10_.0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad