Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Joyce says Liverpool going full speed ahead for Gotze as well.

Joyce also confirms Liverpool are in on Dembele, but Dortmund are in the pole position.

Joyce also says West Ham in on Benteke

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Kicker and Ruhrnachrichten saying 15M, though there's probably quite a few bonuses extra. Still good business by Watzke.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Ousmane to Dortmund. Congrats to Dortmund hopefully Liverpool can get somebody like Lemar or Pulisic now.

Ehh, can't see anyway Pulisic is sold. He is thought very highly there, he is 17 an has already impressed in the games he has played.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Really good signing for BVB. Congrats to them for getting one of the top talents in the world, especially for such a cheap price (15M?!?).

BVB have a really nice young core with Dembele, Weigl, Castro, Pulisic and Passlack.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Joyce says Liverpool going full speed ahead for Gotze as well.

Joyce also confirms Liverpool are in on Dembele, but Dortmund are in the pole position.

Joyce also says West Ham in on Benteke

Trying to imagine defending Carroll and Benteke together on set pieces

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As interesting as Gotze to Liverpool is it makes me wonder a bit about the team composition. Assuming he sticks with the 4-4-1-1 that he's mostly employed to great success with Liverpool where does Gotze fit in?

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Really good signing for BVB. Congrats to them for getting one of the top talents in the world, especially for such a cheap price (15M?!?).

BVB have a really nice young core with Dembele, Weigl, Castro, Pulisic and Passlack.

Castro isn't that young, but it still looks good. Now extend Mkhitaryan please.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
As interesting as Gotze to Liverpool is it makes me wonder a bit about the team composition. Assuming he sticks with the 4-4-1-1 that he's mostly employed to great success with Liverpool where does Gotze fit in?
I know you won't like what I will say but there is one player that struggle a bit under Klopp and it's Coutinho and I would not be surprised to see Gotze take his position.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know you won't like what I will say but there is one player that struggle a bit under Klopp and it's Coutinho and I would not be surprised to see Gotze take his position.

In what way has Coutinho struggled under Klopp? Also he plays out left which is not really ideal for Gotze.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
In what way has Coutinho struggled under Klopp? Also he plays out left which is not really ideal for Gotze.

Coutinho is clearly not the same dominant player playing on the left then when he was playing centrally. His last game against Chelsea was clearly not his best nor his games against Villareal. I think Gotze might offer more in that role.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Coutinho is clearly not the same dominant player playing on the left then when he was playing centrally. His last game against Chelsea was clearly not his best nor his games against Villareal. I think Gotze might offer more in that role.

Some of Coutinho's best games have been out left (against Dortmund in the 2nd leg for example or Tottenham). He was fine against Villareal and Chelsea so kind of weird to use those games as examples. Coutinho has been inconsistent since he started playing for us, but that's nothing new.

If it's one or the other you obviously take Gotze (but again, Gotze should be more central), but that's why I was saying it presents problems because we should want both in the side.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The form players will play. A little depth isn't the worst thing in the world. I always thought Coutinho best role was a little deeper. He was incredible as LCM in a diamond.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Blues tried having the highest payroll (£215.6m) and failed miserably. What do you guys think they should and will do?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The form players will play. A little depth isn't the worst thing in the world. I always thought Coutinho best role was a little deeper. He was incredible as LCM in a diamond.

I agree. I've advocated it for a while now, moving him into a deeper role. I would be completely fine with Klopp working a diamond (he did it a few times this year I believe) next season.

Can
??? (Henderson) - Coutinho
Gotze
Firmino - Sturridge​

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Blues tried having the highest payroll (£215.6m) and failed miserably. What do you guys think they should and will do?

Should: Utilize their incredible youth academy and loan system to rebuild their infrastructure from within

Will: Sell our loan said academy players and buy older star players to get out of their problems. Which has been their MO forever.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Should: Utilize their incredible youth academy and loan system to rebuild their infrastructure from within

Will: Sell our loan said academy players and buy older star players to get out of their problems. Which has been their MO forever.
Thanks for posting and agreed. I realize it's a completely different sport, but the way the Chicago Cubs finally got good was following your "Should" advice.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No confirmation here on the price of Dembélé, but the transfer seems officially done here as well.
Hopefully he continues to progress and Dortmund might just be the perfect place for him to play the CL, get a lot of playing time and play offensive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad