2016 Rio Olympics | Team USA Discussion

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Not that I wanted the US to win more medals, but they were by far the better team and much more fun to watch than Sweden though. Kinda crappy that there's a good chance that the next few games will be abit boring without the US.

Also I had a feeling before she shot that Morgan might not score and when it happened I was still surprised because she seems so solid usually. Sucks that a good game had to come down to penalties. :/

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Obviously not a brilliant tactic because she looked paralyzed on that last penalty. Solo didn't even move as it went past her.

She looked like that on all the pk's she faces except the one she stopped. No idea how she didn't stop the 4th one. She was on that side of the net before the ball was even struck.

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
Yeah, why couldn't those Swedes be brave and beat up their family members too? What an unsportsmanlike disgrace Solo is showing herself to be in these circumstances.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Good riddance. They really shouldn't have beaten Canada 4 years ago in the semis with the horrible ref controversy(well documented, I'm not just being a typical ref whiner :laugh:), so happy to see them lose in the QF time time around.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Cprw3PcXEAEz_P3.jpg:large

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That doesn't make any sense at all. You play to win the best way you know how. If it benefits Sweden to play a more defensive game then why wouldn't they do that? How exactly does that make them cowards? Because they didn't want to play a game that makes you more likely to win? You call that cowards, I call that smart.

Good riddance again, what a sore loser

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Is it a surprise that's she's being an idiot?

Oh boy a far less talented team decided to play a certain style to win and succeeded. What a bunch of cowards.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hahaha that's great, making your country ever so proud, aren't you, Hope?

What a loser.

I feel bad for her teammates, too....I bet they're not exactly quick to defend idiotic behaviour like that.

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
The unfortunate aspect here is that most of the girls on the American team are very talented and likable. I don't know a Canadian fan that doesn't admire or respect Alex Mogan or Carli Lloyd, for instance, but people like Solo or Sydney Leroux represent the worst type of petulance, arrogance, and entitlement in an athlete, and it really sours one's perspective on the rest of the American squad unfortunately.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I can't wait until Solo retires. The US team as a whole is very likeable but Solo is just awful and I can not root for a team with her on it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Solo seriously just needs to shut her mouth. I can't stand her. I don't give a damn about soccer, and I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but **** the USWNT because their goalie is such a sore loser. She's such a child. Good on Sweden. Hope they win gold to piss her off some more.

Last edited:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Nice to know there are some Americans who are just as sick and tired of that brat, as the rest of the world appears to be. :laugh:

I am American and I love the fact our womens team is so damn good but I just don't like that woman, something about her rubs me wrong.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I am American and I love the fact our womens team is so damn good but I just don't like that woman, something about her rubs me wrong.

Could it be that she's a selfish, childish, arrogant ass? I bet that's it :laugh:

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
did Hope Solo graduate from the Catholic University of North Texas by any chance? Wow, what a poor loser.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It is really embarrassing the Solo still plays for the USA team given the battery story we all know about. She is an arrogant jerk, I am glad the older generation of previous players has slammed her remarks. Hope one of her active teammates does as well. I realize you actually haven't been here before, but show some decency and remember the jersey and country you're representing before you just go for the all Hope Solo show.

For the record her jokes on instagram before the games which she was booed heavily for kicked off the latest run of what an unlikable human being she is. Everything she does makes my stomach turn. Send her away and be done with it.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It is really embarrassing the Solo still plays for the USA team given the battery story we all know about. She is an arrogant jerk, I am glad the older generation of previous players has slammed her remarks. Hope one of her active teammates does as well. I realize you actually haven't been here before, but show some decency and remember the jersey and country you're representing before you just go for the all Hope Solo show.

For the record her jokes on instagram before the games which she was booed heavily for kicked off the latest run of what an unlikable human being she is. Everything she does makes my stomach turn. Send her away and be done with it.

Yeah, she really makes the USA team unlikable.

I'm happy that lots of Americans also don't agree with her antics. And frankly, if you wanted to win -- don't allow 4 penalty shots to go in. Sweden did what they did to win, if you can't beat that style of play -- you are not good enough. You tailor your game to those teams you are playing and when you are not getting the job done, you make adjustments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad